What's new

2 Stroke oil in your ictdi

I don't think that oil is are very good for engine life.

This sound really interesting and I'm very tempted to try this now. Where is the best place to source the oil from. I went halfords yesterday but it said synthetic do I left it. Anyone recommend a specific bottle for me?

This sound really interesting and I'm very tempted to try this now. Where is the best place to source the oil from. I went halfords yesterday but it said synthetic do I left it. Anyone recommend a specific bottle for me?

Andy's the best one to ask as i'm sure his been using this stuff for the last 18 months.

The oil needs to be good semi synthetic or mineral 2 stroke oil JASO FS stuff.

You can get it from Tesco/Asda or Halfords.

Asda & Tesco sell 1ltr bottles for £5. Halfords is £6.

I have bought some myself from Asda but waiting to add in next fill up. :)

I think,that soon going a lot accords to service after this experiment.Maybe better need put little petrol into disiel:)

Tomas, this experiment has been tried and tested, for instance andy aka monks has used the 2 stroke oil in his car for 18 months with no problems and some other member in his CRV if your still doubting it google it plenty of ppl are doing the same thing...

Agree with Waj on this one, No offence Tomas.

Can i just ask out of curiosity your reason for negative thoughts on this topic?
smile.gif

I won't be trying the 2 stroke trick I don't think, what with diesel pumps and ***ociated gubbins being (as a very technical friend of mine described them) jewel like creations. I trust Shell to engineer their V-Power diesel to do everything a modern engine needs - it doesn't wax at low temperatures and is designed perfectly well to lubricate the parts required. I was considering the idea, but now think it's just not worth it, will stick to servicing to get the smooth running the Honda Diesel is built for, rather than playing with home chemistry experiments.

Tomas, this experiment has been tried and tested, for instance andy aka monks has used the 2 stroke oil in his car for 18 months with no problems and some other member in his CRV if your still doubting it google it plenty of ppl are doing the same thing...
I know,that it's been tested,but it was jus for 18 month,maybe need more months to demage engine.I am deffently don't make this experiment on my car.If all you want sale yours car you can try to do this.Why nobody before from dealer service not recomended this trick,if nothing wrong.I think,all you can burned engine rings.

I have serached around the internet about this and on most car forums those who have used it swear by it.

Most are of the opinion not to use this on newer cars with DPF. No expert on this. Apart from that on some forums experts of relevant manufacturers have recommended it (unofficially).

Tomas, why would the dealers recommend this??? on service do they recommend the bg 244? some dont even change fuel filter on service...what im trying to say is like Ibbi I have scoured the internet for days and theres all positives I dont think people are stupid enough to start putting 2 stroke oil in their cars if it was to damage the engines and dealers always want to make money for example when my injector was chuffing they wanted £400+ it took my mechanic an hour and £20 to fix it...

Lol at two of the comments and its what I expected when I posted.

I researched this and pondered it for over a year before I began using it and there was no other accord serviced more regular than my motor. Im very much of the belief that try it if you want but dont knock something you dont know about and have not experienced. Some of the research I did looked at forums and there was a massive debate moaning about the benefits and people moaning about how its gonna blow up engines :lol:.

If want to try it do, if its not for you then thats okay as well.

I loved my car and 18months ago had no intention of selling it for many years so would not have done anything that would of not been of benefit.

If i still had my Accord, and if it was good enough for Monksy, it would have been good enough for me. As he says.. don't knock it if you ain't tried it.

Guys this is the 1st thread that iv heard of this and I would have done this in my old car.
Will this work in a petrol ha ha only joking lol

Just wondering apart from Andy if anybody else has used this for more than 6/12 months, if so feedback would be of great use for all those willing to give it a go. and for those who are still undecided.

So far Andy has given it the thumbs up for someone who has used it for a long term period, also Fahad mentioned Trev who has a CRV seems to have given it a thumbs up.

More feedback would be great if poss!
smile.gif

Just wondering apart from Andy if anybody else has used this for more than 6/12 months, if so feedback would be of great use for all those willing to give it a go. and for those who are still undecided.

So far Andy has given it the thumbs up for someone who has used it for a long term period, also Fahad mentioned Trev who has a CRV seems to have given it a thumbs up.

More feedback would be great if poss!
smile.gif

This is the civinfo thread related to this http://www.civinfo.com/forum/engines-transmission/47522-2-stroke-mixed-diesel.html

I have bought some from Asda and will be filling it in my next tank, Americans have been using 2 stroke for years, others just add a couple of quid of petrol in a diesel car to clean the engine

Ibbi, I've been using this in my accord for about a year now. Previously used biodiesel in my A6 in various mixes from B10 to B100 so i'm not new to experimenting with fuels. I've only got good things to say about 2S oil. There are no worries to be had regarding the fuel pump - remember, these pumps rely on the fuel to provide lubrication and adding extra lubrication will only help to prolong the life of the fuel pump. The fact that the engine runs so much smoother and the fact that i personally have experienced better mpg with it is an added bonus. For anyone wondering about my mpg, a couple of members have a copy of my excel sheet tracking my mpg, it is pretty comprehensive so it it very easy for me to track.

A warning however to all those reading about putting petrol into the tank. DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES DO THIS!!!! As stated above, the fuel pump relies on the fuel to provide lubrication and petrol simply does not provide this. It is ok to do it with older engines as you could put pretty much anything into them and they would run. But the i-cdi and other common rail engines run as such high pressures, that taking lubrication away from the pump is just asking for pump failure and a very large bill.

Thanks for the advice Sam!
smile.gif

Spot on advice Sam. Modern common rail diesel engines are a completely different beast to the old mechanical diesels

Ibbi, I've been using this in my accord for about a year now. Previously used biodiesel in my A6 in various mixes from B10 to B100 so i'm not new to experimenting with fuels. I've only got good things to say about 2S oil. There are no worries to be had regarding the fuel pump - remember, these pumps rely on the fuel to provide lubrication and adding extra lubrication will only help to prolong the life of the fuel pump. The fact that the engine runs so much smoother and the fact that i personally have experienced better mpg with it is an added bonus. For anyone wondering about my mpg, a couple of members have a copy of my excel sheet tracking my mpg, it is pretty comprehensive so it it very easy for me to track.

A warning however to all those reading about putting petrol into the tank. DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES DO THIS!!!! As stated above, the fuel pump relies on the fuel to provide lubrication and petrol simply does not provide this. It is ok to do it with older engines as you could put pretty much anything into them and they would run. But the i-cdi and other common rail engines run as such high pressures, that taking lubrication away from the pump is just asking for pump failure and a very large bill.

So say for instance would it be ok to mix petrol in a old diesel van? Would there be any benefits to it?

I went for the halfords 2 stroke oil. Put in 250ml to a tank of shell diesel. I did notice an instant improvement in the smoothness of the engine. It is much quieter than before and cold starts really well. It is early days still but I can see the benefits of it myself. Only problem is the halfords stuff is red. I can see there being a bit of explaining if my tank is pulled for a roadside test.

What colour is the stuff from Lubetech ?

Not done this myself yet, but can certainly see the logic and benefits.

As to why don't the fuel Companies add this in.

Why would they, when they can get away without putting it in, the cost implications would be massive.

Also were talking here about something, that improves the running of the engine for enthusiasts, we have all met people who don't care about their car, so long as it starts and gets them from A to B, they don't care what it sounds like, whereas to enthusiasts it does matter as we are always looking out for those strange noises etc.

Only problem is the halfords stuff is red. I can see there being a bit of explaining if my tank is pulled for a roadside test.

I don't think the colour is a problem, the stuff they sell in Asda & Tesco is Red. I'm sure they just dye the stuff.

I'm sure they come in a few different colours. I read somewhere on the net that it can be blue/red/green/brown or even colourless. But i could stand to be corrected.
smile.gif

Ahmed, i've heard of people putting petrol into their old mechanical diesels to clean out the system. however, as i've never done this myself i canot say for certain whether there are any benefits or not. When my dad had an old golf diesel, 1991 1.9tdi as his company car, i vaguely remember that if you misfuelled it, you could get away with it as long as it was no more than a 1/5th tank and you then brimmed the tank with diesel. Personally speaking i wouldnt risk it on an older engine without doing a lot of research first

I don't think the colour is a problem, the stuff they sell in Asda & Tesco is Red. I'm sure they just dye the stuff.

I'm sure they come in a few different colours. I read somewhere on the net that it can be blue/red/green/brown or even colourless. But i could stand to be corrected.
smile.gif

Correct, the colour doesn't matter. An old trick that people used to do with red diesel was put it through a filter ( ithink it was charcoal) to remove the colour and then use it. But red diesel has chemical markers in it and thats what they test for now when doing a spot check on the tank.

Covered a few more miles today and can definately say the engine is smoother now than it was before. Prior to adding the 2 stroke, the engine had always been very smooth and quiet. It just sounds and feels a lot more refined now. Thanks to the guys who brought this topic onto TA, Andy, Sam, Ibbi. I remember speaking to Carl - CJM about it at the last HH meet but really wasnt sure about it at the time. Now I've looked into it a bit more, I can say it's been a good move. Maybe we need to start a new thread dedicated to this topic?