What's new

2 Stroke oil in your ictdi

Maybe we need to start a new thread dedicated to this topic?

Agree, maybe dedicated only for feedback from TA users!
smile.gif

Agree, maybe dedicated only for feedback from TA users!
smile.gif

Good idea, as feedback from other brands won't necessarily cover the Honda parts.

So, back on topic: Buy V-power cos it's awesome. :D

Moved posts from another thread to ensure this topic has its own ***le.

I mentioned this ages ago and got laughed at probably by CJ, good to see you guys using 2T and noticed the difference. The landrover boys have been doing it for years, mind you the engines are a little on the old fashioned side ford still recommend semi-oil :unsure:

Just to add no need to add petrol to diesel that was done years ago to prevent the fuel lines waxing in cold weather, modern diesel doesn't suffer so much and engines won't like it.

A good bottle to store it in is a emty additive one with built in type of reservoir so your not fumbling at the pump, can't remember who does it millers maybe.

I don't think the colour is a problem, the stuff they sell in Asda & Tesco is Red. I'm sure they just dye the stuff.

I'm sure they come in a few different colours. I read somewhere on the net that it can be blue/red/green/brown or even colourless. But i could stand to be corrected.
smile.gif

As said above, the Asda 2 stroke I used is also red, the colour wont be a problem if your tank is checked as there are several markers in the red diesel the dye is not the only factor

I have been using 2 stroke in my ford focus diesel and can say the engine is much quieter, it starts up from cold easier, generally same results as the others, engines also much smoother, cant comment on any smoke reduction as the car dosn't ever smoke anyway - happy days

I have been using 2 stroke in my ford focus diesel and can say the engine is much quieter, it starts up from cold easier, generally same results as the others, engines also much smoother, cant comment on any smoke reduction as the car dosn't ever smoke anyway - happy days
Guys i have had lots of various vehicle users over the years adding 2T oil to their diesel it seems to have proven benefits low smoke, smoother running , more mpg i have not done this myself but we have customers who swear by it.
If you are considering it just get a mineral 2T oil API TC or TD there is no proven benefit of using higher quality oils i.e. JASO FC or FD.
I will experiment on our delivery vehicles when i next fill up see if it works on Transits

Thanks for the useful feedback Tony, looking forward to hearing from you in relation to your experiment with the transits!
smile.gif

Guys i have had lots of various vehicle users over the years adding 2T oil to their diesel it seems to have proven benefits low smoke, smoother running , more mpg i have not done this myself but we have customers who swear by it.
If you are considering it just get a mineral 2T oil API TC or TD there is no proven benefit of using higher quality oils i.e. JASO FC or FD.
I will experiment on our delivery vehicles when i next fill up see if it works on Transits

Tony could you post a link to which 2T oil you recommend from your site?

Thanks!

If it was me going by previous posts from this forum, it would be this one:
http://www.lubetechshop.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=22_35&products_id=241

Yeah I think Tony was suggesting that, just most of the posts on this forum suggest it should be a low-ash semi-synthetic, which is what the one in my link is - not sure what that API TC one is, or how it differs from a JASO FC?

From what i have read on the internet

API stands for American Petroleum Institute. The TC stands for the highest certification level for 2 stroke oil. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/API-TC

JASO stands for Japanese Automotive Standards Organisation. The FC stands for the highest rating for 2 stroke oil. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JASO_FC

Hoping Tony from Lubetech might be able to give us a better insight in this matter.

From what i have read on the internet

API stands for American Petroleum Institute. The TC stands for the highest certification level for 2 stroke oil. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/API-TC

JASO stands for Japanese Automotive Standards Organisation. The FC stands for the highest rating for 2 stroke oil. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JASO_FC

Hoping Tony from Lubetech might be able to give us a better insight in this matter.
Hi thats spot on although the highest rating JASO spec is now FD also there is the TC-W3 spec which is a marine spec, back on the subject the 2T oil my customers are using is the mineral http://www.lubetechshop.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=22_35&products_id=76
Again i have only got feedback from my customers i have no experience of using it myself

I don't think the colour is a problem, the stuff they sell in Asda & Tesco is Red. I'm sure they just dye the stuff.

I'm sure they come in a few different colours. I read somewhere on the net that it can be blue/red/green/brown or even colourless. But i could stand to be corrected.
smile.gif

Yea its just a dye and adds nothing to the performance of the oil, colour of oil was succesfully marketed years ago by Duckams for the green Duckams Q 20w50

Yea its just a dye and adds nothing to the performance of the oil, colour of oil was succesfully marketed years ago by Duckams for the green Duckams Q 20w50

Thanks for the feedback Tony

Oilman has recommended not to do this on a modern engine. Just FYI.

//edit: Do we have an oilman on this forum? Haven't seen him around.

Nope it was on another forum.

oilman said:
Adding two stroke to diesel is pretty common in older engines as it provides greater upper cylinder lubrication, but it's not a great idea with some modern diesels. If the car has a diesel particulate filter fitted, the ash produced by burning the two stroke can block the filter.

Cheers

Tim

No correct, and low-ash oil is recommended anyway so that's a moot point. But the first line of his statement still stands regardless, ie: that it's not a great idea on modern diesels.

Dont agree but then again thats Opie for you lol

Proof in the pudding is the eating as they say.

Proof in the pudding is the eating as they say.
Not really. You can run a Supra at 1.5 Bar on stock turbos, you can get 10 different people who tell you they've been running it for the last 2 years and not had a problem. We know that running above 1.2 Bar reduces the life of stock turbos to about 2-3 years - those 10 people are due a catastrophic turbo failure in the near future, even though the cars are running sweet (and at 450BHP) for the time being.

Erm IMO thats an extreme example and no offence but means nothing to me.

You will find it hard to get approval from any outfit due to legal reasons as its not 'scientifically' proven. I cannot see such small quantities causing harm, think of all those dodgy untested additives on the market bet they have some scary stuff in some of em.

Its an additive 2t albeit for a different engine but its has cleaning, burn and lubricating qualities which is what v-power and most other additives contain parts of. I can see its benefits with diesel because it just enhances the process and limits the drawbacks of diesel fuel just imo.

Just wondering if anyone who regularly uses Shell VPD has also been adding 2 stroke oil regularly and noticed any difference? Trying to determine whether the VPD may already have some of the qualities of the 2 stroke oil.
smile.gif

Just seen this thread I'll give it a go. Anything to ***ist my engine in producing a little more bhp and help maintanance is a good thing. I guess 2 stroke is the same all over whether from Halfords or the local £ shop. Just one thing 40 bhp ;)

I dont have much choice as the Mazda needs 98 ron or above and Ive been using tesco 99ron since ownership.

In the accord I used both VPD and Total excelluim as the extra mpg made it near cost neutral as Dan has said.

Also look into using a good semi syth or mineral 2 stroke oil JASO FS stuff, 250 to 300ml per tank. I ran 2 stroke for the last 18 months and my car loved it with the engine being quieter and produced less smoke. Faddy will testify to the less smoke as when it was egr deleted he said it was the cleanest diesel accord he had ever seen.

NB lubetech do 2 stroke which is used to us 4/5 litre for about £20 so very economical to use.

I want to try using 2 stroke with my diesel and ive looked for JASO FS as mentioned above but can only find JASO FC is this the same stuff?

I want to try using 2 stroke with my diesel and ive looked for JASO FS as mentioned above but can only find JASO FC is this the same stuff?

I think Andy meant Jaso FC, i think he just mispelt it!