What's new

Anything else above a stage 2 remap?

You would have been aware of my modified clutch seeing you have previously posted on my build thread, hence my comment.

I didn't appreciate your above comment, I don't think it was needed to be honest.

You're being ****y with someone that's trying to do right by you because they're not giving you the answer you've already decided you want.

Coming from someone who has built and modded their own bike racing engines for the last 12 years, I'll let you in on a nugget of information you're obviously unaware of.

To make your car quicker, you're currently looking at the wrong part of the Rev range.

Play to its strengths. Who cares what the peak HP number is.
It's all about the area under the curve, the spread, how quick it adds revs, and gearing.

Ignore it if you will, but you're currently barking up the wrong tree, and will throw a lot of money at it for sod-all gain.

If you were serious about the performance , you'd put the stock airbox back on as Fahad suggested.

If all you care about is being able to say you have a 200hp diesel, you may as well photoshop yourself a dyno printout, and keep it in your wallet for showing your mates at the pub.

At the point your motor's even making 194ponies at the moment, you're way past the point at which you should've changed up a gear and ridden the torque curve more.

Guys relax please..

I've met you both in person and I know in person you would both get on really well. Forums can feel a little cold as people are often misunderstood. Let's keep the thread friendly and treat it in the manner it was intended, to ask for some help on squeezing a bit more power out.

I'm pretty sure once that stock airbox goes back in, it will find those missing ponies anyway.

Noted, sorry Guv ;)

You chipped into this thread with 'buy a fast car in the first place' and go hybrid etc etc. You completely missed my point, even after I said I only wanted a few more ponies and wouldn't spend mega on power.

Fake dyno sheets and bragging in the pub? Wtf?
I'm not here to willy wave. I'm here to gain information on how to get a few more bhp than I already have. Thanks to this thread I have decided to get my IC reworked and put my stock airbox back on...which I've done last night. Proper answers given to me after I said I want to break the 200bhp mark...which is my own personal goal and certainly not to brag about FYI.

Yes I appreciate some of the info you gave me but tbh, most of it was irrelevant to what I was after or willing to spend.

I thought the whole point of the thread was that you got done by a Passat and wanted to have a quicker car?

Burbleboy said:
Hi,

Just got pumped tonight of a VW Passat and I can just loose my mates BMW 320d (remap unknown as its too quick for standard 150bhp)

I have a Premier Tuning Stage 2 remap done and was wondering if there were any other power upgrades other than the expensive and unknown Hybrid setup?
Either way, mid range gains are what you need to look for, ignore the peak figure, it doesn't matter, it's an unnecessary distraction.

A wide powerband across the midrange is more useful than a couple of extra nags you'll never get to use.

It is to get a quicker car!

Ok, I shall ignore the bhp figure and concentrate on just getting the torque sorted. The car feels better with standard filter back in...as expected!

After IC mod I'm sure F6HAD will redo my map for best results ;)

Does it feel better (although not sound as good) with stock airbox and original Honda air filter?

There seems less hesitation when accelerating and just it just feels slightly better!

I've purchased a decent second hand intercooler for £20 and sending it directly to Pro Alloy Motorsports Ltd in Suffolk to get an estimate for reworking it.

If it's too costly then it's only £20 down the drain :D

Any story with the intercooler? Interested about over 200 bhp on diesel Accord.

another cheap option is to remove unnecessary stuff from car ;)

and maybe remove the manifold and give it a clean there was a thread about how to be done

Sorry for lack of update. Standard Intercooler is apparently too small to get any real gain for a rework. A front mount intercooler is best bet apparantly. Not really wanting to go down the road of reworking my setup.

And ive already had inlet manifold off for cleaning......and it was spotless ;)

Burbleboy said:
Sorry for lack of update. Standard Intercooler is apparently too small to get any real gain for a rework. A front mount intercooler is best bet apparantly. Not really wanting to go down the road of reworking my setup.

And ive already had inlet manifold off for cleaning......and it was spotless ;)
FMIC is a bit of a pain on these - you either have to hack, a lot, or cope with some fairly tight pipework bends. It can be done, but as has been said, the quality of the IC is key - also make sure it's no too big!