What's new

Auto folding mirror kit for Honda Accord 7th Gen? Any tips?

JezUK

Reaction score
Car
2006 Accord 2.4 EX+
I'd really like to buy and install the modification kit that'll allow my folding mirrors to fold off the key (or auto-fold when the ignition key is turned on/off) - all rather than relying on remembering to press the fold-button on the door.

I know these kits used to exist (once upon a time), but am having a really hard time finding one now (in 2022).

Can anybody help?

My car's a 2006 Honda Accord 7th Gen (2.4 Petrol).

Many thanks.

Hi,

Honda made (or still do) part number is 08v02-TL0 000 which just plugs into the wiring loom by the fuse box and loom to the door. Most people have had to buy from Japan.

There are I believe some form of kit on ebay.

Please look at this thread.

Thanks Smokingman, I should have said in my post that I did see/read that post and I contacted Japanparts but they said this part is no longer available (though mine's a 7th Gen and that thread is for the 8th Gen Accord, maybe I'll recontact japanparts as I can remember if I told them mine's a 7th gen and not an 8).

After a LOT of research, I found a company in Malaysia that sells Auto Fold modules for the Honda Accord 7th gen - I've ordered a kit and will let you know how I get on.

Here's the link in case anyone else is interested;

Update on the above post I made. I still haven't received the kit from Malaysia and to be honest, the company I've purchased from have gone very pear shaped in both terms of communication and customer after-sales service.

I've gotten PayPal involved to get my money back so PLEASE do NOT order off this website unless you're prepared to be messed about like I have.
(basically they were very efficient in answering any questions pre-sale, once money was in their account, they've proved useless in every possible way).

Update on the above post I made. I still haven't received the kit from Malaysia and to be honest, the company I've purchased from have gone very pear shaped in both terms of communication and customer after-sales service.

I've gotten PayPal involved to get my money back so PLEASE do NOT order off this website unless you're prepared to be messed about like I have.
(basically they were very efficient in answering any questions pre-sale, once money was in their account, they've proved useless in every possible way).
Hi did you manage to get auto folding mirror module? I'm still looking for one

Hi did you manage to get auto folding mirror module? I'm still looking for one

Yes I did, and very happy I am with my set up too - the ones I bought from Malaysia didn't work and had to send them back to the seller. My autofit electrician had a module and installed that for me.

I remember posting somewhere the make/model of the kit he installed for me, so I'll see if I can find that post and relink it here for you.

Yes I did, and very happy I am with my set up too - the ones I bought from Malaysia didn't work and had to send them back to the seller. My autofit electrician had a module and installed that for me.

I remember posting somewhere the make/model of the kit he installed for me, so I'll see if I can find that post and relink it here for you.
Thank you very much. I am ***uming this would work with the accord cl7?

Thank you very much. I am ***uming this would work with the accord cl7?

I've got a 2.4 7th Gen so it worked for me.

For information, I've also fitted a nice reversing camera which I can highly recommend fitting if you haven't already done so (there was a lot of help off here to help me with that). And I've also fitted a tracker, a TruTrak, which I also highly recommend..

Last edited:
I've got a 2.4 7th Gen so it worked for me.

For information, I've also fitted a nice reversing camera which I can highly recommend fitting if you haven't already done so (there was a lot of help off here to help me with that). And I've also fitted a tracker, a TruTrak, which I also highly recommend..
AHH brilliant. You have any social media accounts? I've installed reverse camera and full audio sound system upgrade with the PAC Audio fascia.

AHH brilliant. You have any social media accounts? I've installed reverse camera and full audio sound system upgrade with the PAC Audio fascia.

Not sure what you mean re social media?.

I'm interested in the full-sound system you mention, did that replace the Sat Nav (as that's what I have) - I'm kind of keen to update that too (though also want to keep the car as original as possible).

I mean like Instagram or Facebook.
I had the sat nav version. Happy to help. Let me know what you need

No I don't use Instagram or Facebook.

Yes please, what system did you buy/install?
I installed the PAC Audio RPK4-HD1101

with a pioneer avh head unit. I installed a pioneer amp to run the speakers. Which I had to bypass the stock amp. I bought these leads to bypass the amp.

And the rest was really plug and play tbh.

Hi mate,

Really sorry, it took a long time to find the info for you;

It's an NQ-RMF01 (that's what's on the instructions).

Then.... when I did a Google search, I found my own post on here :)

Hi mate,

Thanks man appreciate that.

Hi mate,

By any chance would you know if this would be the one. Please see attached

Attachments

• instasize_240210102806.jpg
    instasize_240210102806.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 3
I do think it is that one.

There isn't any other out there when you do a Google search and I 'almost' remember it being that shape (when it was fitted into the driver's door).

Hang on...... I have the instructions here....

Yep, 100% that one!

Go for it!

Wow..... website allows only really small image files :)

Attachments

• PXL_20240210_103259961.RAW-01.COVER.jpg
    PXL_20240210_103259961.RAW-01.COVER.jpg
    199.6 KB · Views: 5
I didn't install it myself. I've installed a reverse camera (pukka job I did!) and have fitted a Tracker, but I didn't install this device and nor would have enjoyed trying.

But that's me personally, most other jobs I watch on YouTube a ton and then I'm okay.

I did take the door card off and was comfortable doing all of that side of things - only because there are enough YouTube videos to follow, but then let the Auto Electrician do the hard stuff (I'm not too great on electrics).

I didn't install it myself. I've installed a reverse camera (pukka job I did!) and have fitted a Tracker, but I didn't install this device and nor would have enjoyed trying.

But that's me personally, most other jobs I watch on YouTube a ton and then I'm okay.

I did take the door card off and was comfortable doing all of that side of things - only because there are enough YouTube videos to follow, but then let the Auto Electrician do the hard stuff (I'm not too great on electrics).
AHH yes same as me lol. But I try do look at a lot of YouTube DIY for confidence. Btw this module any issues since you installed it? Also do I need to add or do anything additional to it?

For power folding mirrors, would it be possible to swap normal wing mirrors for power folding ones?