What's new

HID Kit's

You should get two or three...

Puppy..

not wanting to sound rude... but i think your 4300k bulb is not correctly installed in the light housing. The rather large dark spot showing on some of your pictures really should not be there.

its quite interesting to see a side by side comparison of the 4300k and 6000k. its rather obvious, even with the slight issue on the left side with the dark spot that the light output is that much better from the 4300k bulb
Well I've got 2 dark spots now that I've fitted both bulbs. If you look into the lens, with the light off, of course, there is a piece of metal which is the exact same shape. So I presume that it is either supposed to be there and that the righthand bulb was incorrectly fitted, or both of the new ones are incorrectly fitted. Can somebody please confirm if there's are the same?

puppy. those peices of metal inside the housing you can see is what provides the cut off for the light. the projector should not give dark spots.
are your bulbs seated correctly, also might be worth removing them and rotating them 180 degrees.

puppy. those peices of metal inside the housing you can see is what provides the cut off for the light. the projector should not give dark spots.
are your bulbs seated correctly, also might be worth removing them and rotating them 180 degrees.

I tried rotating, but have realised that they are they are correctly fitted and seated. Anyone else got any ideas? Cheers

dodgy bulbs? If your 6k's are not like that, then thats the only thing springing to mind.

Puppy... here are some pictures of my 4300k HIDs

DSC05337.jpg

DSC05350.jpg

DSC05351.jpg

DSC05352.jpg

I even think they are aimed a little low :(. i may get them adjusted at my local trusty garage as they seem to drop a little 'short'

Nice Adam.!

Look a little bit too white, compared to mine, maybe it's just because of the snow ;)

Year they do look a little on the white side in those pictures but it is due to the snow.

The bulbs do normally go a bit whiter the older they get, bu they are still no where near as white as my parents 5000k's

Right, I received my 3000k's today. Fitted one to the passenger side for comparison and here are the results!

IMAG0374.jpg

IMAG0375.jpg

IMAG0378.jpg

I'm gonna stick with the 4300k's as the 3000's are a bit too yellow
blush.gif

Oz, they're all yours bud, pm me your address and I'll get them in the post to you

Wow John they are yellow mind you also 1300kelvins lower I guess its to be expected.

I have my 4300k to fit the weekend, but also noticed my new slim ballasts seem to interfer with radio reception slightly. May have to get a replay kit to sort this out or get some better quality ones as the casing may not be adequate,.

Wow John they are yellow mind you also 1300kelvins lower I guess its to be expected.

I have my 4300k to fit the weekend, but also noticed my new slim ballasts seem to interfer with radio reception slightly. May have to get a replay kit to sort this out or get some better quality ones as the casing may not be adequate,.

Andy, I hope you'll be happy with the 4300k's, I know I am........now for some 4300k HID fog light bulbs
tongue.gif

Hot Damn! Im diggin the golden yellow output John! B) PM'd! :lol:

im loving the yellow too. i may get myself a set of 3000k's as they really do look good, especially looking head on :D

the 3000k bulbs are used in motorsport for the best light output, only know that as thats what the hsv 010 uses B)

I've seen 2800k once before but that was ages ago on some random jap site

Installed today, thank you very much puppy of the john!

Hmmmmmmmmmm golden yellow B)

Oz after you have run them for a while let us all know your thoughts.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm they're just like mountain dew! Not driven at night yet, will get my first taste tomorrow after work.

I can live with them no bother, its other folk who might get annoyed by their yellowness, lol!

Ozimundo; Ozzymandias..... its all good B)

Get some photos up OZ it will be interesting to see what there like.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm they're just like mountain dew! Not driven at night yet, will get my first taste tomorrow after work.

I can live with them no bother, its other folk who might get annoyed by their yellowness, lol!

Ozimundo; Ozzymandias..... its all good B)

Don't see why Ozimondo, they look almost like halogen (but much brighter) and they actually cause less glare IMHO!

IMAG0376.jpg

No?

i think im gonna swap the bulbs from side to side. It's a bit weird but they dont seem to be putting down as much light as they should on the road. The nearside bulb illuminates the right side of the road up to headlight level more than it does on the actual road in front of the car. The bulbs are installed correctly, no doubt, and the car was washed yesterday so the headlights aren't dirty.

I noticed the bulbs are 55w, and i know my ballests ae 35w. Any chance the bulbs aren't getting enough power...?

They look cool at night when you turn them on, almost green initially before warming up to mountain dew golden yellow, lol!

Oz, I'm reliably informed that the only true 55w hid bulbs are made by phiips, so you can take the label with a pinch of "sodium chloride ". :lol:

How does the light output look against, say a garage door?

Oz, I'm reliably informed that the only true 55w hid bulbs are made by phiips, so you can take the label with a pinch of "sodium chloride ". :lol:

How does the light output look against, say a garage door?

lol, no bother buddy. The problem is i always reverse park the car. Tomorrow if i remember i'll park facing the garage.

You can normally tell 55w ones as the little glass bulb bit is larger than the 35w as it contains more gas.

So far i love my 4300k they are pure white, also the brightest of the lot. I personally stuck with 35w as heard the 55w seem to burn wires etc

I've not had time during daylight hours to switch the bulbs from side to side. There seems to be an obvious colour difference between the 2, and i also get the same weird nipple-esque shadow from the nearside headlight! Think i'll be goin back to my 6000k's tbh, these just aren't right at all...

26012011598small.jpg

26012011597small.jpg

Any takers..... First one to pm me their address will receive this set to try out for themselves :lol:

Well i just went ahead and tried it, for anyone who wants to see how the 4300k looks like. I personally love the 4300 as it gives an oem look. I also managed to change all the lights inside the car to led! :D

Here are some day time and night time pics

(This pic just the dipped were changed!)

Was taken with an iphone 4 so images arent great, but you get the idea!

P.S the bumper scratch will be fixed soon enough :p

Oz and John are you able to take pictures of the HID bulbs as looking on the internet the stick (for the want of a better word) up the side of the bulb causes the shadow. if the stick is at the top its not a problem as its above the cut off if the stick is at the bottom it causes a shadow. Its not the bulb being fitted incorrectly its the way the bulbs made