What's new

HID Kit's

Finally done eh, that's a real nice motor that is man. How did you find the side lights- any issues with uniform light or do the individual SMDs stand out??

haha yeah finally, not at all for me they look really nice together and once the main dipped warm up they look the same! Also the SMD's cant be seen at all its just one strong light source. Once again thanks for all the help mutsaip! Now i will need advice on manifold and induction :D

Finally done eh, that's a real nice motor that is man. How did you find the side lights- any issues with uniform light or do the individual SMDs stand out??

Cool AJ, looks like you're in full flight now my man- itchin to see that ride real soon.

Oz and John are you able to take pictures of the HID bulbs as looking on the internet the stick (for the want of a better word) up the side of the bulb causes the shadow. if the stick is at the top its not a problem as its above the cut off if the stick is at the bottom it causes a shadow. Its not the bulb being fitted incorrectly its the way the bulbs made

Can do at the weekend. Now you got me doubting myself, i'm pretty sure i installed the bulb with its wee rod/stick thingy up top, but the bulb definately sat firmly in place before i hooked it down. It's the same bulb john had the shadow with as thats the first bulb i fitted. The other bulb was still untied as john only tried fitting one to his car.

i know that you can really only install the bulb with the stick pointing up as i tried and it wouldnt sit any other way! or was that just me?

Can do at the weekend. Now you got me doubting myself, i'm pretty sure i installed the bulb with its wee rod/stick thingy up top, but the bulb definately sat firmly in place before i hooked it down. It's the same bulb john had the shadow with as thats the first bulb i fitted. The other bulb was still untied as john only tried fitting one to his car.

doubting myself even less now.... Will have a look tomorrow

well actually mine doesnt sit perfectly up but at an angle and it gives a small shadow as well. I think its probably cause i bought it from china lol. I do have got a pair of expensive HID from uk too, ill wait till these go and then install the new ones :D

well im a dafty, one of the bulbs (Off Side) was in fact installed upside down.... my bad! Anyhoo i've switched the 3000k's from side to side and both are installed correctly with the wee rod thingy facing up. There seems to be better light distribution but now both give the mad wee nipple shadows. I'll see what its like tomorrow on the way home as it will be dark by then.

30012011608small.jpg

well on mine I can't remember for the life of me where the rod was top or bottom, all I know is I put the bulb in the same way up as the old one. I looked at mine this eve and when the lights are on if you look down on top of the head light you can see the shadow in the head lamp you can actually see it splitting the beam

were is the headlight amp located, as i have a slight flicker when i crank my radio up. Someone reced upgrading the amp!? Would that work?

headlight amp? i think some one is pulling your chain mate.

if you have HIDs (aftermarket) fitted in your car and they flicker, i would suggest wiring them up with a new harness and relay as your current wiring harness may not be coping.

I'm quite liking the output of these 3000k's now that one bulb is the right way up, lol! I'll be holding onto these for a wee while longer yet me thinks