What's new

Idle problem, engine cutting out...

YAY!!! I got it fixed. After ages trying not to take it into the Dealers because I thought they'd throw the book at the car, costing me bundles, I eventually relented and took it in. They adjusted the valve clearances on the tappets and hey presto, it sorted the problem. And they only charged me £100 to do it. Not often I can say the dealers were the best but in this instance, they were.

The biggest problem I found was that none of the local garages knew anything about Honda. But thankfully the dealer did and didn't sting me for the work. Phew!

Are you running a valve lube system on your LPG conversion to prevent the valves receding in to the head?

...... DO this test....

while the car at idle, turn on rear demist and pull the power window leaver (all of them) to roll the window up (regardless whether window is up or not)

if idle drops or car cuts out.

it's alternator, check alternator voltage

Dave G:
Question: Are you running a valve lube system on your LPG conversion to prevent the valves receding in to the head?

Answer: There was a valve lube system on there but there was still fluid in the bottle during the year I had the car so I didn't replace it. I haven't had this on my previous LPG cars so didn't really know what to do with it.

Fredoops:
I had already replaced the battery as it was showing a slightly low voltage reading but that didn't fix the problem.