What's new

jerking

Nick,

I'm with Brett on yours,

Your not seeing any improvement, with any of the part changes, cleaning, plus the economy is pants considering that most of your journey is motorway (***uming no traffic jams etc)

I have to say from most of the things I have done I've been able to see some improvement and my issue tends to be when doing a second journey in fairly short time frame and it only seems to happen briefly (whilst still I strive to solve it completely, it is more of an inconvenience and a knowing it should not be there, than a headache) . Whereas there doesn't seem to be any incline of significant improvement with yours.

One thing you missed of your list was the new EGR valve as well, so apart from the the solenoids for the EGR and turbo (same part x 2 ) you've replaced most things.

As for the MAP sensor, my thinking is to replace new, as I see it as a part that will need replacing as a matter of course, however clearly in your case, it is extremely unlikely that the sensor you have replaced it with will have exactly the same fault as your other MAP sensor so you should have seen some sort of change.

Are you going to take it back to HH for further checks or maybe part exchange it against another, at least you will certainly know what to look for! just don't part exchange it at HH

Don't encourage him!

Well, it I suppose next time either I am in your area or you are in mine Fahad we will have to get in touch and put it back to stock (Not looking forward to the power loss :eek: )

Once its back to stock, I might give it one more go at HH and see if they can check that all the latest updates have been done if there are any for ECU etc and see if they can do any more diagnosis. If that doesn't sort it, then it will have to go as I'm not making the economical gains that I need.

B)

Nick that MPG is certainly not good.Iv just got back from a day trip down the cost.The joiney was 150 mile round trip and i was getting an average of 54.6 MPG.That was a mix of A roads and B roads so that's what you should be getting.

Well, it I suppose next time either I am in your area or you are in mine Fahad we will have to get in touch and put it back to stock (Not looking forward to the power loss :blush: )

Once its back to stock, I might give it one more go at HH and see if they can check that all the latest updates have been done if there are any for ECU etc and see if they can do any more diagnosis. If that doesn't sort it, then it will have to go as I'm not making the economical gains that I need.

:(

Nick,

worth seeing what you get with the replaced MAP sensor anyhow, if you old one was even slightly off, fuel consumption would be affected.

Really feel for you, a couple of hard decisions to make, first putting back to stock and then maybe getting rid of the car. Will it put you off getting another Accord or would you just part exchange it against another one (heavily test driven of course) ?

Well, it I suppose next time either I am in your area or you are in mine Fahad we will have to get in touch and put it back to stock (Not looking forward to the power loss :lol: )

:(

Nick, no probs - I actually just came up from London tonight!

You have my number, best just get in touch directly as I'm struggling to keep track of all the threads at the moment. Don't be disheartened mate, at least give HH a chance to diagnose it properly. At the end of the day, what's the worst it could be - maybe a turbo? They're not that pricey anymore and I can get you a discount for a brand new genuine Garret via Elite so don't stress.

Cheers Lads,

Will give you a text Fahad, but if your on the M1 near junction 23 at any point then dont hesitate to give me a shout.

It did for the thread starter, Honda replaced his IMRC valve - common problem.