What's new

Shadow Chrome refurb, New Clutch and other jobs!

Mike_Mac

Members
Reaction score
Car
2.2 CTDi EX
I've taken time this summer to sort out a lot of to-do jobs for the Accord - New front and rear Ferodo Discs/Pads, Full Service with Millers Nano Oil and full refurb of my spare ATR Calipers. I also sent off my standard 17" EX Alloys for a refurb, but didn't want to get them diamond cut again, as it's just too fragile for what is a daily-driver car. The last time I had them done lasted just under a year!!

I wanted something a bit more than just a standard silver finish, so asked the refurber to paint them in shadow chrome - a base coat of black with silver highlights on top. I got them back yesterday and am quite pleased with the result.

It's a bit gloomy today so they're not as bright as they are in direct sunlight, but you hopefully get the idea (yes I know the ride height's huge!! :D):

I'm not sure if anyone's done this with EX alloys before - is this a first?

Also for a long time I have been looking for a clutch that could handle decent power - without the drawbacks of a 'bitey' Paddle-Clutch, which, having experienced in other cars, I wasn't keen on having in my Accord. My current clutch and Flywheel are ok, but with a stage 2 map on the car I want to replace them before they get worn.

Therefore, after a call to CG Motorsports I've just received this:

A CG twin-clutch-plate, Single-Mass Flywheel, with improved Pressure Plate kit that should replace, at a stroke, all the weak points of the current transmission. It's been discussed a lot on Civinfo, and here, and, with my plans for the future, I think it'll be a sound purchase. I'll also replace the Clutch Master Cylinder as well - finally getting rid of that sodding creak after greasing it up only cured it for a few weeks.

I'll be getting all this, and a big dent on the roof from a falling tree-branch, sorted over then next few months. After that I'm thinking of seeing just how far the humble old CTDi can realistically be pushed without the chocolate clutch! Should be fun :D.

Nice job on the rims, looks really good, I just picked up a set of ATR calipers, how long did it take you to refurb them??

Nice colour of wheels.Let us know how cg clutch working on accord.