What's new

Strange battery/charging fault

Channel Hopper said:
Topping up the battery?
now, now, he's solved one issue very well, putting wrong fluids into an orifice on a car is something that diesel drivers do :p

Jon_G said:
Stupidly expensive stuff! Are you losing PSF?
Nope but for £11/ltr and a few minutes work doing the gradual change I think it's worth it.

Is that with delivery? think it's pretty much £11 over the counter at most Honda places.

Must be the 'free' delivery then! To be fair they use DPD so really the cost of your fluid is lower than my £11! I'm off for a refund :D

I've just come in from flushing my PAS system. Flipping heck you have to be quick... the reservoir empties in about a second once the engine is started! (Return pipe redirected into 2L coke bottle, stub for return pipe on reservoir sealed with earplug). Before I knew it I'd used the entire bottle of PSF-S.

Debating if to flush it or just change out the reservoir, give it a week and do it again. Did you avoid the pump running dry?

No, I ran the reservoir dry a few times during the operation, each for a few seconds. The pump makes interesting noises while this happens but I doubt it suffered any harm. In any case. I drove home last week for an hour after noticing there was a fluid leak and could hear the noise of the pump when I got home with an empty reservoir. I suggest flushing the system like I did today, starting with an absolutely full reservoir, but stopping when you have about 200mL of new fluid remaining and an empty reservoir. Then stop the engine, refit the return pipe and use the remaining 200mL to fill the reservoir. You will need an ***istant to start/stop the engine and turn the steering between runs.

My old fluid was filthy, the discharge into the coke bottle was dark brown with a frothy head on it, looked exactly like a pint of mild!

I know you're all struggling to sleep wondering what's happening with my fleeting battery light - well all is still fine :p

StuH said:
I know you're all struggling to sleep wondering what's happening with my fleeting battery light - well all is still fine :p
LOL, good.

Did you get a refund on the previous replacement?

No, I've not. When I get time I'll pop back and see what they say but I can't fault how they dealt with me just the alternator needs to be the correct Denso model.

StuH said:
It takes techie forums to worry about techie things, know what I mean .

Great glad all resolved

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

honda_saj said:
Great glad all resolved

Seems to be, hopefully, fingers crossed. Thanks for your input on both forums.

Not a problem mate that's what forums are supposed to be for

[emoji23][emoji23]

freddofrog said:
you're now officially the alternator expert on TA
Indeed - just keep changing it, one will work, probably :D

I can change them pretty damn quick now though!