What's new

Throttle Pedal Sensitivity

HiiTeN_

Reaction score
Car
Accord Type S Tourer
Anyone had and experience with a pedal box on the MK8 accord platform? I’m wanting to adjust the sensitivity of the throttle pedal on my car and the only thing I can find it a pedal box (linked below)

Any help is appreciated!

I was hoping this might be something that could be tweaked in HDS - back in my days of messing around with VW/Audi cars there was a "throttle adaption" in VCDS that you could use to change the pedal parameters and make it more aggressive. Maybe @F6HAD has some insight into this topic.

I can't find anything online for HDS other than some kind of re-calibration if the pedal sensor gets replaced (maybe you could play with that still if the dull pedal response is due to it needing calibrating? although I guess an Accord probably has quite dull pedal response from the factory due to the nature of the car, not really supposed to be a sports machine from the factory ;))

Ive seen people using "Sprint Booster" on other cars, could be another option to consider
Never used them myself

I have a Hondata flashpro for my car which provides full Thottle map adjustment although I believe this is only supported for the Petrol cars. It's also really expensive, cost me around £700 and 2 months to get it as its a special order direct from Hondata. I doubt they would've got it working on diesels as they don't have them in the USA.

I got one a few years back it's not the pro version that is out now though. It's pretty good although I find the city mode is too responsive at low revs and the sport mode is fine at low revs then gives you all the beans are around 25 percent throttle. Ideally would be good if you could connect the pedal box up to pc and tweak the curve map. I would love to have the sport mode on all the time with the 25 percent tweaked to around 50 percent. Sport plus is mental you'll feel like your doing damage. If your still okn original driveshafts and clutch I reckon it'll send them to their grave lol.

If you'd like to know anything else about the pedal box just ask

I got one a few years back it's not the pro version that is out now though. It's pretty good although I find the city mode is too responsive at low revs and the sport mode is fine at low revs then gives you all the beans are around 25 percent throttle. Ideally would be good if you could connect the pedal box up to pc and tweak the curve map. I would love to have the sport mode on all the time with the 25 percent tweaked to around 50 percent. Sport plus is mental you'll feel like your doing damage. If your still okn original driveshafts and clutch I reckon it'll send them to their grave lol.

If you'd like to know anything else about the pedal box just ask
Thank you for the info! Luckily for me I’m not on the original clutch or driveshafts anymore, only reason for this is I’m planning a trip the the Nurburgring in this (yes I know it’s not a sports car) I’ve done suspension/handling mods as well as a Map from Fahad, I’m now feeling that the throttle response is just lacking now

I was hoping this might be something that could be tweaked in HDS - back in my days of messing around with VW/Audi cars there was a "throttle adaption" in VCDS that you could use to change the pedal parameters and make it more aggressive. Maybe @F6HAD has some insight into this topic.

I can't find anything online for HDS other than some kind of re-calibration if the pedal sensor gets replaced (maybe you could play with that still if the dull pedal response is due to it needing calibrating? although I guess an Accord probably has quite dull pedal response from the factory due to the nature of the car, not really supposed to be a sports machine from the factory ;))

Ive seen people using "Sprint Booster" on other cars, could be another option to consider
Never used them myself

I have a Hondata flashpro for my car which provides full Thottle map adjustment although I believe this is only supported for the Petrol cars. It's also really expensive, cost me around £700 and 2 months to get it as its a special order direct from Hondata. I doubt they would've got it working on diesels as they don't have them in the USA.
Thank you for the information! Yea mine being the diesel I doubt Hondata will have anything. I love the car to bits with everything I’ve done to the car it’s just the Throttle response that’s annoying me now lol

Last edited:
Hi
I had issues with the nature of the accelerator pedal response. In my case the car would either hold a constant speed or try and grab the bumper of the car in front making it tricky to drive in traffic.
If this is your issue then changing this valve solved it for me (the secondary issue of the faulty connection just solved the limp mode problem). It was a long time before the fault code showed initially.

Hi
I had issues with the nature of the accelerator pedal response. In my case the car would either hold a constant speed or try and grab the bumper of the car in front making it tricky to drive in traffic.
If this is your issue then changing this valve solved it for me (the secondary issue of the faulty connection just solved the limp mode problem). It was a long time before the fault code showed initially.
That’s not my issue, I just don’t like the response I get from the pedal. Plus mine is a manual Type S. pedal works fine I just want it more sensitive if that makes sense