What's new

UK Service manuals

old cruiser

Members
Reaction score
Car
honda accord
Probably been asked before, but does anyone know where we can get access to UK version service manuals for the 7th Gen Accords, easy get hold of the US versions but struggling with the UK ones.
Cheers Pete

old cruiser said:
Thanks for that mate, just ordered one.
Cheers Pete
good move IMO

I saw somewhere else (maybe on TA ages ago, maybe not) that it can also be downloaded from here http://allautoinfo.org/service-manual/17575-honda-accord-esm-2003-2008.html

but I do not trust downloads of anything, even with virus protection .... the Honda DVD uses javascript, and I could modify one of the javascripts to start doing weird things. I'm not saying that that download is not safe, but I am saying that I have never used it and IMO there could be just one page that took a long time to "hit", that did something to a PC that an anti-virus would not pick up

That's the thing mate, had this happen in the past and like you just don't trust a lot of these downloads, just hope the one I've bought is what it says it is i.e. 2003-2008 as my car is a 2006 facelift.
Cheers Pete

old cruiser said:
That's the thing mate, had this happen in the past and like you just don't trust a lot of these downloads, just hope the one I've bought is what it says it is i.e. 2003-2008 as my car is a 2006 facelift.
Cheers Pete
to cut a long story short, I can definitely say that if is 2003-2008, then it covers CL7, CL9, CM1, CM2, CN1, CN2 (which are the codes for 7th gen pre-facelift and facelift, including autos)

toffee_pie said:
how is the k24 going pete, you got a new battery?
Hi mate, you might be getting me mixed up with another member as mines the K20 and don't remember about a battery.
Cheers Pete

Hi Eric, Just seen your post :).

The CL9 is going great and yes I did replace the battery and has been fine since mate B).

How's the Lexus going?

thats good to know, Lexus going superb. I had my alloys painted and I think the garage over did a lock stud, Ended up totally breaking the lock key trying to get it off, eventually Lexus got it off but could have been a lot worse, Of course body shop denied all responsibility.

I am getting new MTEC discs and EBC yellowstuffs on this weekend, 60k on my car and on original ones.

Hi Eric, Sorry to here they over tightened your wheel stud, obviously used a windy gun tut tut!!!

60k on the old brakes is good :), don't forget to tell em to tighten the studs by hand :p.

I got new lock nuts, that body shop said it wasn't them at all, ridiculous. I had them to get my centre caps done also so I was not done with them so didn't want to kick up too much a fuss but not keen on going back there in a rush.

I got MTEC discs and yellowstuff pads to put on. Should improve looks and braking quite a good bit.

20150507_180621.jpg

20150506_180337.jpg

yep, all round. not cheap mind you, inc fitting total cost of 4 discs and front and rear pads about £540.
The mechanic who fitted them said they are phenomenal brakes... (his words, not mine..!). Will take a while for them to bed in properly.

20150508_094132.jpg

Lovely cars those eric, my brother had a 57 plate a couple of years back and when I drove it, found it was a car I felt at home in straight away, even had cooling fans in the front seats!!
Cheers Pete

yeah, the seats are great. The cool is very nice feature in the summer. Another good touch is the memory seats, they can move into a memory position when you open the car.

That is another good feature with the seats, wish my accord had those memory seats , as I shifted my seat the other day by accident had it in a perfect position , do you think I can find that position again, not on your nelly!!LOL
Cheers Pete

On the subject of repair manuals. I ordered one last Thursday. Anyone got any idea how long they take to arrive ?
Geoff

I ordered mine the over the Bank holiday and still haven't got mine, did email the guy and he had been away for a couple of days ad the reply was last Thursday, saying I should have got it last Friday or Saturday, hoping it will be there when I get home tonight, incidentally ordered mine through a company called WinchesterTrading.
Cheers Pete

Thanks, had an email reply earlier. Told me it should be here tomorrow. Hope so need to see how to get the trim panels out of the way to change the fusebox.

Good luck with getting yours mate, mine didn't arrive yesterday , so here's hoping today is the day!!
CheersPete

It arrived today, struggling now to install Internet Explorer - I'm a Firefox user, and it won't run on that. Duh !!!!

Woo hoo the disc arrived, I can get stripping the car down now!!LOL and Yep only runs on IE
Cheers Pete

geoffdragon said:
It arrived today, struggling now to install Internet Explorer - I'm a Firefox user, and it won't run on that. Duh !!!!
The disc will ONLY run on my computer if I make I E the default browser .

Will IE not load from Windows up date for you ?

Trolleyjack.