What's new

Washers and wiper issues

-Rich-

Members
Reaction score
Car
2.4 Tourer Auto
The first issue is with the rear wiper, it's been working slowly the last couple of weeks but stopped completely this morning! Are the tourer and saloon motors the same? I am ***uming it's that or could it be something else?

The second issue is the front drivers washer jet is just dribbling out. The passenger side is fine. I've removed the jet from the tubing and tried running hot water through it. I've also put a pin in the slot in case it was blocked there. Is it possible for the jet to block up to the point it needs replacing or could it be another issue? I ***ume the tubing is ok as the passenger side works.

I did try squirting the screen wash without the jet fitted and it didn't shoot out, just dribbled, but so did the passenger side. After doing that I also noticed a puddle next to the passenger wheel, I'm guessing it ran down behind the scuttle panel and that was the quickest point for it to come out.

See if you can dismantle the rear wiper motor and refurb it, I've had them seize up on a different model car but took it apart and cleaned and lubed it and worked well again.
Try blowing the front jet out with an airline or order a new one from honda.

I'll try that once I can get the wiper arm off! I've sprayed it with some penetrating fluid but I can get it to budge. Don't want to tap or pull it too hard in case I crack the screen. Any tips on removing it?

I switched the jet around with the passenger side and it still didn't work so it's definitely blocked. I've soaked it on vinegar and tried using a pin to clear anything, plus an air blower but it still only dribbles out. I've looked on eBay for cheap replacements but they seem cheap for a reason and reviews suggest they don't last long or the spray isn't as powerful.

Not too pricey for a genuine part:

You could get a windscreen wiper arm removal tool if need be.

I had another go at trying to remove the wiper arm earlier and the plastic snapped! I guess being 20 years old it's gone brittle and the inner sleeve is seized. I'll have to try and cut that part off without damaging the threaded part. Then get a new wiper arm and see if I can get the motor working again. What a faff!

As for the washer jet I did see that genuine one but they want £7 for delivery which is just ridiculous!

20230309_174954_copy_798x892.jpg

Just an update...

I fixed the rear motor by taking it apart, it was seized! So after a clean and grease it seems to be working ok. I did buy a cheap rear arm off eBay that was listed for an Accord tourer and it was 10mm too long, so with the blade fitted it got stuck underneath the rear spoiler. That went back but I'm struggling to find another.

Has anyone fitted one that isn't for the Accord? I've come across the CRV one which looks identical but is 30mm shorter so definitely won't hit the spoiler. Will it fit on the stud though?

I still need new washer jets. For now I am using some old ones I had from a Mazda. They're too small so taped down and are the squirty type but prove the hoses aren't gunked up. I put an air compressor on to the one that isn't working and you can feel the air coming out the spray end. I've soaked it in vinegar and it still won't work. So it looks like I'll have to buy a new one.

You should be able to take the arm off the old wiper at the hinge and fit it on to the bolty bit. Or shorten the arm, with some ingenuity, harsh language, and medium level violence.

I bought new washer jets on Aliexpress, then found one of the plastic joiny bits in the line was disintegrating, and swapped it out with some generic T junction I had lying around.