What's new

Weird idle after cleaning throttle body.

MyfirstVtech said:
Ah bums how do I get to them and what do they look like?
I thought you said it was now working ok? If so, I wouldn't waste time fiddling with the EGR system (which may be working perfectly well)!

I agree if ain't broke don't fix it lol

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Jon_G said:
I thought you said it was now working ok? If so, I wouldn't waste time fiddling with the EGR system (which may be working perfectly well)!
It is but I figured a clean couldn't do any harm (more of my ocd mate) although yes I agree if it ain't broke don't fix it haha.
Is there any forte or any other brand of cleaner I can chuck in and clean it ?

If you go to the DIY section, there are a few guides on it, the EGR valve is easy access and job, the port not so much, you have to take the injectors out as it sits underneath.

Yes and when injectors get seized it's not that easy job

Jon_G said:
Yeah, you could do more harm than good. Satisfy your OCD by polishing the paintwork or something!
Agreed and if you really have ocd don't drive a diesel [emoji2] [emoji2]

exec said:
If you go to the DIY section, there are a few guides on it, the EGR valve is easy access and job, the port not so much, you have to take the injectors out as it sits underneath.
Cheers exec and sai and Jon I shall do some polishing instead. I'm going to post up another YouTube of my engine noise after the oil change and spark and air filter change oh and the throttle body clean so you can listen if it sounds any better

MyfirstVtech said:
Cheers exec and sai and Jon I shall do some polishing instead. I'm going to post up another YouTube of my engine noise after the oil change and spark and air filter change oh and the throttle body clean so you can listen if it sounds any better
Some cleaning and polishing may be better

But, the OP's car isn't a diesel, the injectors are in the inlet manifold, plus, the EGR system on a petrol engine is there for a different reason and will never get as badly clogged as on a diesel ;)

You'll be surprised, they get full of carbon, see pictures of a few here, but it doesn't effect the running of the car as much as it does on a diesel. I've been meaning to do mine for a while, but in no rush as there is no actual problems from it.

freddofrog said:
But, the OP's car isn't a diesel, the injectors are in the inlet manifold, plus, the EGR system on a petrol engine is there for a different reason and will never get as badly clogged as on a diesel ;)
I was not referring to op just general comment

honda_saj said:
I was not referring to op just general comment

just clarifying for the OP and for anyone else who browses the 6th gen section

I did the first throttle body clean and the car was pointing so the opening of the body was higher so I squirted a load of can cleaner in and got in there as far as I could with a tooth brush, gave it a good scrub and went and made a brew, came out 10 minutes later and started up the car , it took a good 6 seconds to fire to up then pooooof a big cloud of ****e out the back so I've been doing that once every couple of months.