What's new

window close mod

right guys after after managing to take off the door card, the difficult bit was trying to get the connectors out of the drivers door window unit,IT WAS IMPOSSIBLE, i tried everything, so in fear of breaking the connectors i unscrewed the module off the door trim(held in by 4 screws)and managed to pry it out of the hole in the door card..this was the easy bit..now with the wiring diagram from our good friend ozzy(blue) i had to try and figure out which wires went to each window motor, this was the first time i was looking into existing car wiring diagrams and for me it was a bit :wacko: lol, so after studying the diagram I THINK i managed to read it as this:

Drivers side: REDblack & REDyellow
Pass side : BLUEwhite & BLUEred
Rear right : BLUEorange & BROWNyellow
Rear left : BROWN & BROWNwhite

this is what I THINK, the wires should be paired up for each of the motors...but im not 100% sure :unsure: , if anyone know the correct wires or if i have made a mistake PLEASE DO SAY...

i also managed to find the wiring diagram of the tsx on line:

http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/content/manual_gen1/Accessories%20and%20Equipment/Power%20Windows.pdf

sorry guys this iis how far i have got, its been a slow long process since im not very clued up with the diagram :( ,and also it started raining :angry: ,now i have to figure out where the acc(accessories)wire is also the lock wire. again if anyone is more clued up on the wiring, any help would be hugely appreciated.

need a multimeter to double check for voltage readings when you flick the window switches

From my folding mirrors I took ignition power from the black/yellow wire on the wing mirror switch:

25082010438small.jpg

For ground i used the bolt and signal to lock the doors i used the yellow/black wire on the door actuator wiring plug

25082010439small.jpg

and if you need a constant 12v i took that from the white/blue wire on the door card bulb:

25082010440small.jpg

Sorry i cant help further with the actual window wiring, doh

Looking good, with the info from Blue Guru all you need to do is work out which wire puts which window up (whether its a + or - feed) and then cut it and join it into the control module and I think thats it????

I think your right dave mate,ill have strip the door down agian though..lol,blue thanks buddy for all your help, its going to help alot,and i really do appriciate all your help bud,your crispy kreame doughnuts in the post mate :D ...lol

Is that 3 doughnuts now? LOL!

with all your help bro its about the size of 25 gift box one lol :lol:

Haha

According to my drivers manual some models should have "Power window auto closure", even though mines an Exec I sadly don't :(
Cheers
Neil

According to my drivers manual some models should have "Power window auto closure", even though mines an Exec I sadly don't :(
Cheers
Neil

is yours a facelift by any chance neil, are they referring to the face lift or the pre facelift buddy.

Hows this mod coming along Suffian?

Hey bro,sorry its been put on hold as been busy with family and work,bt i should be back on it after thursday,as gt 5days to my self...YESSSSS.....LOL :D

Update:

Right guys today i wired the module up to the car(only the front pass window was cut & attached to the module,this is because i didnt want to start cutting all the window wires)i wired up the power to the blue white taken fom the door puddle lights, lock power from yellow black on door actuator,and ignition power from black yellow on folding mirror unit. After keeting this all done,i found the wire (bluered)which gives current when the window is being rolled up,cut through it and attched the wires from the module to this one wire.i rolled down the front pass window & double locked the car annnnnnd nothing happended :( . I could hear the module clicking inside(which im presumming is the relays inside)but nothing happens,so at the moment im really lost :( ,im thinking about trying to get it installed by pros...as i have no idea what it could be.

If the relay is clicking can you put a multimeter or a tester to one of the module outputs to see if its sending voltage or a signal to the window regulator?

If the relay is clicking can you put a multimeter or a tester to one of the module outputs to see if its sending voltage or a signal to the window regulator?

Tried that bro :( , the reading i get is about 001 - 002 as the relay clicks...it clicks about twice then stops..

after some diggin around for info, iv found this thread on civicinfo,(they too are attempting this auto window closure function):

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/general-discussion/57951-any-demand-window-closure-kit.html

so now this has got me thinking, was i suppose to run each set of wires from the window motor from each door?rather than the wires from the driver window unit(this would now be making it an extremely longer job,trying to wire things through the door gromits and and the front pass through the dash :eek: ) this is what ginga ninja on civicinfo has said

"Thats what you would think.But the main wires to each window motor only go from the switch on each door to that motor".

so its most likey its the same setup for our accords.... :unsure: (but can not be 100% sure)

i figured out the wire which make the windows roll up for each side:

Front pass - BLUEred
drivers - REDblack
r left - BROWNwhite
r right - BLUEorange

these wires seem to have have about 11.00-11.45v when windowing the window up from drivers door window unit... really stuck to what the problem could be.... :(

Suffian just check the wiring and make sure that all wires are in the right place mate. Do you actually get a 12v supply when you lock the car?

Yeah bro i made sure the wires are all connected and triple made sure,i cant rememebr testing the lock wire(yellowblack one) but since the module is clicking after i lock the door,im asumming there must be current from the lock wire to tell module doors locked. Im a bit baffled by it all bro.

now i'm not up to speed with what this system does exactly. Can you just explain what the modules produces when activated and what outputs it gives?

You should be able to wire it all into the drivers door as all the wires are already there. Is the jumper set right to give the right output ie +'ve or -'ve? It's strange its not working should really be straight forward.

my understanding is that you simply send a feed to the main harness to make the switch live and then send 4 separate feeds to the window up switch? Am I right?

Not sure to be honest looking at the wiring diagram the unit gets its signal from the remote/2nd lock feed and as each window motor close wire is connected to the unit it then sends a timed feed to each motor.

from what I can see the white wire is triggering the system on and the brown wire is checking if the ignition is on, meaning the system will only arm when the this brown wire is dead?

Personally suffian I would dry run the system and check what produces what output before installing it fully into the car. So connect it to a 12v source and then trigger the unit tricking it into thinking the alarm has been armed. I would then check with a multimeter what wire produces what output. From this you can then send the signal to the relevant window wire. Well thats how I would approach this as by just connecting it up and not really knowing what does what you run the risk of causing a short circuit.
I would then also check each switch with a multimeter and check which wire produces a live when you press it up and then down.

Hope that helps

Also check the unit is giving the right polarity. good luck with it :)

My head hurts just reading this thread but good on you Sufian. I doubt I'll attempt this but without pioneers like yourself trying this stuff out know one would find anything out. Hope it all works out ok.

Thankyou all for your constant support guys :) i really appriciate your help and solutions, iv tried re-installing the module,everytime i connected a wire i checked the reading with the multimter, the door lock wire sends anything from 11-12v when double locked,this sends a signal to the module, in return the module gives out 12v of power out of the wire which should connect inline to the window motor wires(in simpler terms the wire which has 12v when the window is going up)this current only lasts about 5-6 seconds,untill there is a click in the realys(in module)were the current drops to 0.03 then after second click 0.01. I tried connecting to the front pass wire again but again when the module sends out 12v signal on the double lock it fails to power the window up....i just dont get why....

It may sound daft but are you wiring to the wrong side ofthe switch. Have you tried locking it with your finger on the switch in the up position to see it that works. Just a wild stab in the dark.