What's new

window close mod

Its got to be something simple like Paul says, try leaving the window half way up and take the wire straight to the motor and see what happens.

Sufian

You say you've taken the power feed from the door puddle light (blue white wire). Am I right in saying that light only works when the door is open. As you're closing the windows through the power close module when the door is shut is this why you don't seem to have a power feed to the unit and instead you need to use a permanent power feed?

Sufian

You say you've taken the power feed from the door puddle light (blue white wire). Am I right in saying that light only works when the door is open. As you're closing the windows through the power close module when the door is shut is this why you don't seem to have a power feed to the unit and instead you need to use a permanent power feed?
I think there is a constant live to that light, it when the door opens does the circuit become complete

Iv checked usin the meter,and you still recieve 12v even if you close the door bud,good thinking though matt.

yeah its a constant live, thats what i used for my foldy mirrors

Maybe try cutting into the drivers window as well as the passenger side, connect both? That will rule out the ambiguous idea of having to route wires physically to each door, and also that the one-click auto close function isn't somehow necessary.

I know this link is a few months old now but did anyone have any success with this mod as it was one that i had on my P plate vectra and do so miss it on an 07 CDTI Accord , it was one of the first things that I wanted to make the new car capable of ?
Cheers
Keith

sorry bud i gave up in the end with no success and plenty of cold days trying, i have thought about getting a window closure modeule from the states from the tsx,if you are going to atempt this mod bud,try the tsx modue route..

My mate's mark 4 golf had this. For some reason though, it hadn't come as standard, but it was an option on the car. He got the cable and software (from eBay - not very much money) to connect his laptop to his car's computer and simply reassigned it so that if he held the lock button for 2 seconds, his windows closed. There were some other nifty little things he tweaked to do with how the internal lights came on/off with locking/unlocking, something to do with how the indicators flashed too when he locked/unlocked the car. There was no modding involved. Just plug in and adjust settings.

I wonder if there's anything like that for the Accord.

My mate's mark 4 golf had this. For some reason though, it hadn't come as standard, but it was an option on the car. He got the cable and software (from eBay - not very much money) to connect his laptop to his car's computer and simply reassigned it so that if he held the lock button for 2 seconds, his windows closed. There were some other nifty little things he tweaked to do with how the internal lights came on/off with locking/unlocking, something to do with how the indicators flashed too when he locked/unlocked the car. There was no modding involved. Just plug in and adjust settings.

I wonder if there's anything like that for the Accord.

Wow :eek: That sounds interesting, come on you computer geeks, don't be shy , get your heads together and do some R&D for us mere mortals :D

I don't think the Accord has these options, it would say in the manual. I know Fords have similar things, you can set them by turning the key a number of times and pressing the window buttons etc. Also got a mate with a Saab that he had to take into the garage to get them to modify the settings, probably the same as the Golf - both these mates had manuals that said it was possible though.

I don't think the Accord has these options, it would say in the manual. I know Fords have similar things, you can set them by turning the key a number of times and pressing the window buttons etc. Also got a mate with a Saab that he had to take into the garage to get them to modify the settings, probably the same as the Golf - both these mates had manuals that said it was possible though.

It is in the manual, but I was told it only applies to the Australian model :(
Thats why I thought modding the cars brain sounds interesting. :)

Hmm well it's worth looking into, no idea where to start though. Maybe Faddy has some idea what options there are in the brain?