What's new

Hello from south Scandinavia

Scania Accord

Reaction score
Car
2009 Honda Accord Ex
Hello,

I’m a happy owner of a 2009 Honda Accord Executive, 2.0 and 6-speed manual trans
I purchased it back in 2012 and it’s been one of the most grateful cars I’ve owned during my 40 years of car owning, so far… :) which is also why I still have it.

Apart from a broken Headlight Level Adjuster link Rod, zero issues until now that I’ve ran into a little trunk opening problem.

Trunk wont open via central looking on the key fob or via the outside button, but do open via the button on the inside of the driver’s door and separate trunk open button on the key fob.
Also no turn signal flash when unlock and locking, should also add that the problem is a bit intermittent

Will likely need a circuit diagrams for the locking circuit to be able to figure this one out, I got a workshop manual on ebay, but it turned out to be for the American Accord :confused:

I will have a look at the appropriate Accord -gen section in here to see if anyone else has had this problem.

/Per

Mazda_Honda.jpg

Welcome!

The correst workshop manual for our cars is software based, called ESM (Electronic Service Manual).

There should be some circuit diagrams in ESM - link here for an online version

Accord VIII Service Manual / Workshop Manual / ESM on Windows 11 | TypeAccord - Honda Resource

Be warned I have had a problem where some circuit diags/pinouts do not display correctly - only way round that I found is to use a Windows XP virtual machine with old internet explorer

For a paper service manual - i've not seen a European one (doesn't say they don't exist) - the accord in USA is not the same as the European Accord, but the European car was sold in the USA as the "Acura TSX", mostly just a body kit/badges, and as i've discovered recently some subtle changes like a slightly different audio system. There is a service manual in PDF form for this car which is 98% the same as our European cars - files.clubcivicquebec.com/Manual_Shop_Online/Manuel_Shop_Acura_TSX_2009.pdf - be aware this file is enormous - it works OK on desktop but my phone really hates it - I find the best solution is "printing" the pages I need from ESM to PDF.

Last edited:
Have a look inside the glovebox there is a switch to disable the trunk I believe, that might just be pressed.

Have a look inside the glovebox there is a switch to disable the trunk I believe, that might just be pressed.

You learn something new every day! Never knew that was there

Thanks the responds guys

I certainly will explore the link to that workshop manual, I have an older extra computer with windows 10 that I believe can be reversed to XP if needed.

Regarding the glovebox button I never noticed it either during the 11 years we have had the car, believe it may be what the yanks call a valet button to prevent the valet personal from accessing the trunk when parking the car for your you, an interesting feature indeed :)

For my problem it didn’t make any difference, but it was a clever hint.

As I had a mirror folding problem (on the passenger side) also recently, the below thread seems very interesting.

Passenger Power Window & Mirror not working. | Page 2 | TypeAccord - Honda Resource

Hi, just checking in if you've solved the problem yet? Was thinking this could be a key fob battery issue. Have you tried replacing the key fob batteries and reprogramming it afterwards? I had this issue with the turn signals not flashing when locking and unlocking.

Hi, just checking in if you've solved the problem yet? Was thinking this could be a key fob battery issue. Have you tried replacing the key fob batteries and reprogramming it afterwards? I had this issue with the turn signals not flashing when locking and unlocking.
Hi, thanks for asking :)
Yes the issue got solved thanks to the info I could pick up on this forum, I replaced the passenger side window switch module, check out the details in this thread, post #57 and on