What's new

Littlebo/UKCL9 CL9/CM2 - K24 Reflash/Remap Test ECU

dynacord said:
One more reflashed CM2 - mine :)
I met with Dinu in Bucharest for a reflash of my CM2. There's a noticeable difference, especially after 3000rpm, the throttle pedal also feels much more responsive, I mean you don't need to push it so hard to maintain the current speed on an uphill or downshift to a lower gear, for example. The rpms increase far more easily now. Basically, there's not much increase in the max whp of the engine, but the torque is more distributed throughout the whole RPM range. And the earlier engagement of the VTEC, of course is very very nice, there isn't that much of a "vtec kick in yo" effect like in the earlier B engines, the transition is very smooth and the car pulls strong without hesitation up to the limiter.

Here is a before/after dyno graph:
before-after.png

The graphs shows output on the wheels without any corrections. The dyno is also a very sensitive one. I have a graph with petrol/LPG comparison as well, if someone's interested :)
nice to see an at-the-wheels before-after comparison at last !!

but why did they use invisible ink :lol:

freddofrog said:
still the usual irrelevant nonsense littlebo

no-one on this forum is going to do anything like you say above, this forum is UK owners who might want a bit more out of their engine than stock.

the stock K2z has more power than the stock K24a. With your remap, a K24a just about makes it equal to a stock K24z. Brett has recently had his K24z remapped by Fahad (so be careful what you say). I know which car I would prefer and which remap too.

keep the dialogue relevant to customer's wants in the relevant country market, not blue-sky irrelevances ......a k24z remapped by Fahad is best option
Cooomooon. Noone on this forum ? U mean greybeards like you ? I know enough ppl in UK who build their cars and enjoy em to say you are wrong about UK. I think its good idea to speak for yourself, other ppl better know what to do and what they want.
Its not possible to build CU2 coz no any NA tune for it available, no any cams, only FI with merry budget. same JDM and USDM k24a engines rated at 200hp and its all about tune and emissions here. z has 201 on paper , oh yesssssss, its really more powerful, you win ! 1 ( 11 ) hp isnt enough to push excessive fat and its always slower. Even revised gearbox not able to keep it equal to CL9 and AT is slower for 1 sec officially.

To sum up.
You tuned those engines ? No.
You built\repaired those engines ? No.
You know failure statistic for those engines ? No.
You testdrived\compared hundreds of CL and CU stock and built and reflashed ? No.
4 yes for me for those questions.
Do you know what you are talking about ? I highly doubt. Do you have real ground\experience to make such statements ? Let me guess.... Who is irrelevant and prejudiced here ?
Keep on posting Sir =)

Btw, heres dyno of my recent CU2 customer from SRB, torque and power build is smooth and perfect, like all the tune i do =) No base run, sorry, ill have it later on same dyno. 180max WHP with reflash and intake, avg WHP for stock AT CU2 is about 150.

Some useful screenshots here fellas, but let's not get into a squabble again! ;)

Np, im trying to operate with facts and real experience rather than empty statements Mr. engineer like to do.

To find out which tune is better its good to compare it side by side i guess. 2-0 in my favour, CL9 reflash been personally tested and compared to something offered in UK by XO and with Hondata one, both guys preferred mine. So to find out what will be the tune of your dreams its nice to taste all apples. Hope im not mistaken here

Oh thank you God ( and Steve and TypeR ) the war is over. Peace is finally here , hey old freddo let me come and kiss you =)

Looks like honda finnaly opened its eyes and tried some garage built turbo civic to understand that time has come to build something new and interesting.

Btw, reading that thread ... price for parts and labour is MINDBLOWING in UK, thats the main reason noone wanna step in. 15k pounds, bzzzz. The whole bult 300+hp engine cost 7-8k in US, even with ship, taxes and all addons it cant reach even 12k.

littlebo said:
Oh thank you God ( and Steve and TypeR ) the war is over. Peace is finally here , hey old freddo let me come and kiss you =)
Big difference between a war and a discussion, discussion is all I ever wanted

littlebo said:
Btw, reading that thread ... price for parts and labour is MINDBLOWING in UK, thats the main reason noone wanna step in. 15k pounds, bzzzz. The whole bult 300+hp engine cost 7-8k in US, even with ship, taxes and all addons it cant reach even 12k.

QED

Freddo , reflash and header is extremely nice bang for buck and turns CL9 into different car. So the time has come to tune. Its not pricey anymore and its proven to work.

Nedko, yes , it works , just see notes. Its based on different ECU, not your native one. If you want something cheaper i advice you to wait for TSX 07-08 CAN solution. Get TSX ECU , get license and you are good to go. I guess it will be 150-250 bux cheaper than Flashpro solution.

Hi all i am new here, I was wondering does any one know were i can purchase a reflash for better performance. I get a real slug on acceleration till i am around the 5.5k mark from about 3k rpm.

Just had my euro r reflashed. First impression.

Driveabilty is improve, mid ranges torque is increased. Gear change is nice, vtec change over is smooth. Everything just feels more responsive.

Overall very happy, it has made a very good car, better.

littlebo, Hi Sergey! It was nice surprise to see you here! I've sold my Civic and my next stop will be CL9 Accord(hopefully when next year I will have 2y ncb under my belt). But for now I'll just keep reading and learn from you and other fellow members. Hopefully will finish reading your thread on mafia forum by the end of this week, so yeah, wish me luck! :)

Yo homie ! You are welcome to the world of fast Hondas ! You can find me everywhere lol =)

Ehh, im short on time for now to do this .. Have some drive2 account with some info there. You can find me there by car and my city.

Hi guys. I decided to get my k24 auto remapped. Yesterday I met ukcl9 (I realised I live 30 mins drive from him) to get ecu swapped for test one, while ukcl9 took mine to flash it. He's very nice chap btw. Thanks for your time bud.
After driving home I can honestly say- it's completely different Accord. It's simply pulling all the way from low revs to cut off. First thing that came to my mind was like in electric powered vehicle, when you get full torque/power from the lowest revs. Start accelerating, keep the pedal in the floor, car is pulling like crazy, at ~4500 vtec goes in (no kick in, rather smooth feeling), it's pulling even more... Engine screams "Mooooo(vtec on)aaaaaaaaar!", you take foot from pedal and say to yourself "Enough, not this time..." while you see 100mph on the clock, wtf lol? Throttle response alot better than with stock ecu. I'm impressed! This is where fun starts with k24, now it drives like it supposed to. Meet vtec half way up and hear how it screams. Who didn't have reflash, save some money and go get it done- it's really worth it. It maybe gives little bit different impression to people with manual transmission, but this is how I feel it with auto.

Euro-R ECUs are rare and expensive to get for using as spare\testing ones. Not shure there will be one soon. CL7 reflash been tested already. I case you feel its not what youve dreamed bout you can return everything to stock any time.

sending my ECU to UKcl9 on Monday hopefully Wednesday will receive it back :)

What gains and engine dynamics would I expect on a stock type s bar the CAI.

I'm in the south of England how would do I obtain this? Very interested as my previous daily was a 460bhp subbi....

Yep, this is the dyno sheet for my car :) Been driving the reflashed ECU for 4 months now, really pleased, no problems with the engine or the mpg, 21-22mpg urban, but this is on LPG so I suppose it would be somewhere around 23-24 on petrol. Massive difference when towing :)

ukcl9 said:
reflashes avaible on all petrol 7th gen....gains will be different on each engine.and price refects this

k20a6 will see better low end power,cost £225
do you have any previous figures for a k20a6? ive had mine nearly a year but i have been craving a typeS k24 wagon, but mine wants for nothing so i would find it hard to actually upgrade.

if the low end is mostly improved it could be something i will look into in the future for the little half vtec motor along with a filter and catback exhaust