What's new

Littlebo/UKCL9 CL9/CM2 - K24 Reflash/Remap Test ECU

So what's the vtec point for an accord 2.4? Does the reflash change the vtec point? Also does it adapt to mods after having the reflash installed?

[Blast from the past]
Hey guys, been a long time. Some may remember me, some may not. I used to have a very functional CL9 from 2009 to 2012. I ended up selling due to a lengthy work commute, plus i got great money money for it.

http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/164-graphite-grey-accord-type-s/

[Situation update]
Anyhoo I ended up with a CRZ and have put 65k on that in the last 4 years. Just last week, after sorting brakes and suspension on a customer CL9, and test driving it back to the customer (with his consent of course) I had that itch for another CL9 and bought one a few days later.

Its a 2005 with 160k on the clock. I've yet to take it into the garage to get a good look at it as I want to sort any safety issues out first like brakes, suspension and give it a good service changing all the fluids. Now while its very early days for me as I've yet to tax the car tonight so I can drive it properly from tomorrow, lol!. I am very interested in this reflash option. I purchased a TSX ECU back in early 2012 for around £350. They are now £700 odds apparently ruling that option out as Flashpro is another £500 and then remapping ontop another £400 odds. I dont think I can convince the wife second time round. I still don't know how i got away with £1500 on stoptech big brake kit on my last CL9, lol!.

[Question time]
What I want to know is do you think an RRC intake manifold, a 50 degree VTC camgear with a 10degree stopper, and a 78>70mm ZDX J37 throttle body would also complement the remap along with the basic induction kit, manifold, decat, exhaust and 06+ tsx intake camshaft on this new second petrol reflash ukcl9 has just mentioned in his last post?

Is this special offer of £250 still valid?

I was interested when i read the locked thread, but sold now that i read the first post in this thread (Hey Steve!)

Hey Oz, so glad to have you back on the TA boards. I'm sure Littlebo and/or UKCL9 will be able to advise you accordingly.

Hello blue guru

The reflash can not handle any vtc change,or rrc,changing to zdx tb wont seen a power gain,but will improve throttle response

Yep still £250 for next 3 customers.test ecu available

Littlebo also makes 4-2-1 headers and planning 4-1 headers

Hope this helps thanks

Stevearcade said:
Hey Oz, so glad to have you back on the TA boards. I'm sure Littlebo and/or UKCL9 will be able to advise you accordingly.
Hey buddy, feels weird to be back on forums. I remember all the politics from last time. I hope its calmed down a bit now, lol!

ukcl9 said:
Hello blue guru

The reflash can not handle any vtc change,or rrc,changing to zdx tb wont seen a power gain,but will improve throttle response

Yep still £250 for next 3 customers.test ecu available

Littlebo also makes 4-2-1 headers and planning 4-1 headers

Hope this helps thanks
Hey buddy, thats perfect to know. So it looks like i won't be needing to go for the mad upgrades and simply a 06> tsx tb and intake camshaft is all i'll need for additional mods. Thats gonna come a little later on now however so the deal may finish by the time im ready, but that doesnt bother me. The fact a remap solution is available for the CL9 is all i need to hear.

The car's up on the ramp and it needs a few bits and bobs like balljoints, tie rods track rod ends and a few other things to make it perfect, so i'm gonna take care of everything first, make sure the engine is running good and then start taking care of all the mods like induction kit, manifold, decat and exhaust.

Then i'm definitely gonna get the remap as soon as i can and lastly i get EP3 ratios, an lsd and a new clutch fitted too.

Hopefully by summer time i'll be ready for the remap and i'll have the car running strong so i know its capable. I look forward to dealing with you in the near future ukcl9

Hey guys,
So had my car re flashed by ukcl9 a couple of days ago so here is my review of it, i have left it a couple of days to get a proper feel for the changes
my car is a k20a6 cl7 and was entirely stock apart from my custom cold air intake. I'm fully aware of the lack of tuning potential from this eco engine but nether the less i mulled it over and finally decided to take the plunge and give it a shot, knowing it was not going to give a great deal of horses i was more swayed by the idea of a change in engine characteristics more so than just squeezing more bhp.

the first and main thing I have noticed is that the torque from low range to mid is significantly improved which is the main thing I was looking for as the car has always felt quite sluggish pulling through the rev range for a 2l, which in turn i believe is giving me slightly improved mpg mainly from not needing to hold each gear almost till redline just to get the thing to move like i did before but that is circumstantial and would require a bit of calculations to say for sure.

The car is a lot more responsive feels more awake and can now feel it pulling
I only need to down shift once to over take and it pulls so much better up hills which is ideal considering my daily commute is a questionable b-road
At low revs its smoother coming off the accelerator when before it would judder a bit and often felt it was about to stall glad to be rid of it feeling like a bit of a shed

So to sum up- IMHO it is worth more than every penny spent on it. if anyone is toying with the idea they should definitely go for it!
I'm delighted with the results in comparison to stock and I would definitely recommend, the car is actually a pleasure to drive now!
A handful of pros to only one con which is not having the car on the road for a few days but is definitely worth it.

cheers ukcl9, it has been more than a pleasure dealing with you

Hopefully your review will keep the doubters at bay!

Glad you have improved your car :)

Hi ukcl9, are there any new versions/updates to reflash config? Anything that could improve what I already have? :D

Hi,

I'm a new 2004 CM2 owner and I'm interrested by an ECU remap. I've read all this topic and see that all users are very happy with this remap. But I still have some question:

First, today I've a Fujita CAI. I've planed to add an upgraded Exhaust manifold, Sport catalyser, an perhaps a FN2 mananifold with its throttle... Is this remaps sufficient for theses upgrades or should I do a custom remap ?

Second, do you have a remap to run with ethanol (E85) ? Even if I need to change injectors (due to flow cap), but I need to stay compatible with standard unlead (98) in case ther is no E85 available.

Hi Fabian. Reflash works well with mentioned bolt ons. No calibrations for E85 available, i dont have that fuel locally to work with. I have one more guy in France looking for it so can try to combine you together.

JimmerJDM said:
Hey guys,
So had my car re flashed by ukcl9 a couple of days ago so here is my review of it, i have left it a couple of days to get a proper feel for the changes
my car is a k20a6 cl7 and was entirely stock apart from my custom cold air intake. I'm fully aware of the lack of tuning potential from this eco engine but nether the less i mulled it over and finally decided to take the plunge and give it a shot, knowing it was not going to give a great deal of horses i was more swayed by the idea of a change in engine characteristics more so than just squeezing more bhp.

the first and main thing I have noticed is that the torque from low range to mid is significantly improved which is the main thing I was looking for as the car has always felt quite sluggish pulling through the rev range for a 2l, which in turn i believe is giving me slightly improved mpg mainly from not needing to hold each gear almost till redline just to get the thing to move like i did before but that is circumstantial and would require a bit of calculations to say for sure.

The car is a lot more responsive feels more awake and can now feel it pulling
I only need to down shift once to over take and it pulls so much better up hills which is ideal considering my daily commute is a questionable b-road
At low revs its smoother coming off the accelerator when before it would judder a bit and often felt it was about to stall glad to be rid of it feeling like a bit of a shed

So to sum up- IMHO it is worth more than every penny spent on it. if anyone is toying with the idea they should definitely go for it!
I'm delighted with the results in comparison to stock and I would definitely recommend, the car is actually a pleasure to drive now!
A handful of pros to only one con which is not having the car on the road for a few days but is definitely worth it.

cheers ukcl9, it has been more than a pleasure dealing with you
great review, would be great if we had mid range figures to see the difference.

Hi all,

I am CL7 owner for some time already and would like to try ECU remapping :) Does anyone know if there is any K20A6 test ECU available in the Czech Republic? Or whom should I contact to get this arranged?

Hello all, just thought id give my thoughts on the re flash.

Ive had the test ECU from ukcl9 installed for 2 days now, is it worth the money? A definite yes.
For a N/A petrol engine the change in performance is very noticable with the re flash.
My engine is a healthy one to begin with which pulled well, although completely stock but now it feels much sharper, even minute changes on the throttle are picked up immidietly, it feels more like a sports car, much more alive and if you keep your foot down it feels much more muscular and ballsy thanks to the improved power at low revs, it does inspire more confidence, power is readily available.
And yes you do get smoother gear changes on general driving.

And when more hardcore driving is needed, the early vtec cross over is very handy, like steve said its great for keeping the momentom going when changing gear, it does just want to keep accelerating fast.

I think the standard K24 is a great engine but I will be taking this re flash, this is what honda should have done with it.

Paul S said:
Whats the best header to get for CL9?
Does weapon R do one or does it have to be addapted?
Probably the best ones is what i ***emble for hondabros.

Yep, my design allows to use stock cat for emissions tests. I build em by preorder. You can PM me for details.

Gotcha. Whistle if you need me.

Here u can enjoy weapon r btw, cracked by tube seam and weld.

Paul S said:
Il keep this in mind, ive got your reflash, very good!
I plan to reflash my ECU too, I'm in touch with Sergei UK dealer... But I'm postponed my reflash after my summer holyday's, in september.

[*]RSP intake + FN2 or J35 throttle
[*]4-2-1 littlebo custom header for cl9 + decat
[*]ECU reflash
[*]braided brake hoses

IloveJapan said:
I plan to reflash my ECU too, I'm in touch with Sergei UK dealer... But I'm postponed my reflash after my summer holyday's, in september.

[*]RSP intake + FN2 or J35 throttle
[*]4-2-1 littlebo custom header for cl9 + decat
[*]ECU reflash
[*]braided brake hoses
Yes its just bolt ons I plan for mine, but with the K24 it'll make for a very quick car.
That combination of yours sounds good, it will be rapid, the ECU on its own has made such a difference to mine, I like the car anyway but now look forward to every drive

Paul S said:
Ahh so the weapon R quality is questionable then?
I thought i didnt opened Africa with that.. The main reason for building my own stuff was the fact that chineese crap made of foil failed all the time and my customers been ****ed and i had to fix em all the time coz i sold and installed those as the only affordable option for that time. Market asked for mid class and mid price solutions and i came out with offer. Looks like it worked, i ***embled over 70 of em.