What's new

Reverse camera

Here is the pic of this rear camera, it suppose to direct fit 7th gen number plate light just either side of you like

Send me a PM with your paypal. As I am new to the forum I'm not sure how buying or selling operates on here,
I apologise if we are breaking any rules.

just wondering which is the best kit to go for at the moment ? wanna get this installed this week as im off work so get some work done on the cars..

Are you talking about Camera? If so Ebay seems a good place to go, get a night mode camera too with lanes printed on the display image

rite just ordered it from eBay.... Amazon was just too much money... half price on eBay but waiting time is like 7-14 days...

anyone can share some light with me about the connector and bullets ect where to grab it... i know i can go maplins but kinda unsure on what bullet ends or pins i need... feeling super stupid here...

Are you talking about the connector that goes into the back of the DVD drive or where to feed the power for the camera from?

i wanted to make my own.. and gonna head out to get the bits now.. so wanted a list of things i need hehe so i can get cracking at the workshop tonight

hey guys got the cam installed... its easier than i thought... took me around 1.5hrs to install all cables and make up the lead... hard part was to shave some of the plastic trim surrounding but the dremel tool i had worked like a treat.

rust said:
hey guys got the cam installed... its easier than i thought... took me around 1.5hrs to install all cables and make up the lead... hard part was to shave some of the plastic trim surrounding but the dremel tool i had worked like a treat.
Do you have a 7th gen pre facelift?

If this works on the non voice activated satnav then I might be able to make it work on my wife's FRV that has factory Nav..

Can anyone confirm?

What year is the frv fahad, also do you know if it has a facelift dvd player?

Just take a pic of the back of the unit

Is there a kit available for pre face lifted accords?

If so, how idiot proof is the installation (I'll be doing it myself!)

Thx.

It's a 2005 Shab which has the same setup as the pre facelift accord

F6HAD said:
It's a 2005 Shab which has the same setup as the pre facelift accord
It wont work then. I spoke with that contact you brought on here from London who said pre facelift dont have the input unless you get a secondary module

I've got the rear view camera installed. Is it possible to install a front camera as well? Do i need a relay or what's the best option?

I'm able to make it done, but i'm not good in 'electrical knowledge'

Sorry to resurrect an old thread. I have a 2003 Tourer and would like to fit a reversing camera. Some of the photos on this thread are no longer availavle.

Does anyone have detailed pics of how to route the cable from the tailgate into the cabin?

Cheers.
J

I've started to install a reverse camera on my tourer, following this document:

34687_7th_Gen_Honda_Accord_Tourer_Rear_Parking_Camera_Genuine_Honda.pdf

disassembling the plate holder

b81e.jpg

p21e.jpg

Finding the perfect position for the camera: for me it will be as close to the center, next to a plate light:

0y17.jpg

This required a small dremel cutting the plate light:

hspe.jpg

0lid.jpg

I reinforced everything with hot glue (it's easy to do and it's still reversible, with a heat gun can be removed)

Drilling a hole in the body under the plate holder, just under reversing light (which will be connected the power of the camera)

ir5b.jpg

I treated the hole OWATROL immediately to prevent rusting

dmqc.jpg

Camera cables...

ru0y.jpg

And now a small camera very discrete

1z3i.jpg

Overnight it remains to wire the power of the camera, and remove all trim up front to get the video cable to the rear-view mirror with LCD monitor ...

mtim.jpg

I have question about the camera power: how did you manage the connexion on the reversing light beam? I looked at mine, it really is not easy!

next!

How to install the video cable ? like this!

tecp.jpg

thon.jpg

vaxz.jpg

6qo6.jpg

gddw.jpg

nqr7.jpg

di9i.jpg

yods.jpg

I'm using a rear view mirror monitor. the power is connected to the ceiling lamp.

s2m4.jpg

whnm.jpg