What's new

125k service, what do they do?

Sorry to hear of your loss but those dealers sound like cowboys I would get them to do service work for free as compensation for damage to vehicle as well as repair damage caused.

sent using tapatalk

Thanks saj
This happened way back in 2008, rest ***ured the car was rectified for free.

Car all done with only fuel filter to go. Although there was no noise from the valves I asked for them to be looked at anyway. They were absolutely spot on after 125k and as far as I'm aware no prior adjustment. He said it was like new in there, which is nice to know.

If yours is diesel hydraulic tappers don't need adjusting

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

I don't believe them that they actually checked tappets (dealer stealers) as the exhaust tappets get tight with mileage unless there is record of them being done I don't believe they even took rocker cover of they just ticked the sheet in loads of places rubber stampers

honda_saj said:
I don't believe them that they actually checked tappets (dealer stealers) as the exhaust tappets get tight with mileage unless there is record of them being done I don't believe they even took rocker cover of they just ticked the sheet in loads of places rubber stampers

We get it, we get it, you don't trust Honda dealers LOL... I don't much trust the motor trade full stop! But some owners can't (or won't) do their own servicing/repairs and are unable to ***ess how trustworthy a garage might be, hence putting their trust into a main dealer. We aren't going to change this!

BTW, there are other Honda forums who would ban you for comments like these...

I would not sign up to them [emoji2] [emoji2] [emoji106]

Jon_G said:
We get it, we get it, you don't trust Honda dealers LOL... I don't much trust the motor trade full stop! But some owners can't (or won't) do their own servicing/repairs and are unable to ***ess how trustworthy a garage might be, hence putting their trust into a main dealer. We aren't going to change this!

BTW, there are other Honda forums who would ban you for comments like these...
I am the same as you I don't trust motor trade even if I go to garage recommended or good garage scheme I still get them and then I make an appointment when they drop off car I explain I come with the car there is no drop off so get a booking and get work done while I view and wait so I can see they are doing a proper job, unfortunately had bad experiences with too many dealers too say good stuff about them not all are bad just the majority of them [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

Jon_G said:
I am aware that you already have! :ph34r:
Oh don't worry if you check my posts on bad made it loud and clear on their as well not been banned yet but you never know [emoji12]

honda_saj said:
Oh don't worry if you check my posts on bad made it loud and clear on their as well not been banned yet but you never know [emoji12]
"he" only bans people who know what they're talking about LOL

freddofrog said:
"he" only bans people who know what they're talking about LOL
Really [emoji54]

I'm obviously missing out by only frequenting one forum. :(

Goodluckmonkey said:
Not really, although the Civinfo forum has some pretty good i-CTDi practical advice and knowledge, especially in relation to uprated clutches.

honda_saj said:
Really [emoji54]
"his" ego is too big and easily bruised when proven wrong

Goodluckmonkey said:
you haven't missed out on anything ......unless you enjoy walking on egg shells LOL

He who shall not be named has massive ego and he likes to always be right

voldemort126.gif

Jon_G said:
Not really, although the Civinfo forum has some pretty good i-CTDi practical advice and knowledge, especially in relation to uprated clutches.

A better bit of advice has to be, don't bother with that, run a good OE clutch, get a stage 2 map from Fahad, and live happily in the knowledge that if youre not a buffoon you have a good streetable setup that didn't cost a fortune and isn't overly harsh on the motor and driveline.

Although accord owners don't usually go for skids on McD's car parks like civic guys do though, so it's not an issue for us.

Goodluckmonkey said:
A better bit of advice has to be, don't bother with that, run a good OE clutch, get a stage 2 map from Fahad, and live happily in the knowledge that if youre not a buffoon you have a good streetable setup that didn't cost a fortune and isn't overly harsh on the motor and driveline.

Although accord owners don't usually go for skids on McD's car parks like civic guys do though, so it's not an issue for us.
LOL. They do have a more ambitious attitude to remapping over there, but Fahad's remaps are a popular option there too. Several guys with stage 3/hybrid turbo setups.

Lots of clutch/DMF failures on stage 2 maps reported there though, and SMF swaps are widespread as a result. Interesting stuff, but I'll not be spending more than my aging car is worth on a new clutch/flywheel ***embly!

I think people lose the sight of what they wanted in the first place.

Fahads supplied stage 2 is a great bang for buck mod. Beyond that you're in the realm of diminishing returns, and spending loads to gain a little.

By that point, fuelbeconomy has gone out the window, and a diesel was the wrong choice of car if you want to go fast.

And as you say, why spend thousands on a car that's only worth a grand itself?

-The same as piling loads of money into it for a major service at a dealer as per the original question. Doesnt seem to make sense sometimes. But then again, neither does throwing thousands of pounds worth of fuel down it's neck I suppose.

Goodluckmonkey said:
....fuelbeconomy...
Haha, went all Brian Badonde there.

Fat thumbs strike again! Booooo Bwaaaaaah.