What's new

2.2 Decat

Thomp1983

Reaction score
Car
2005 accord tourer
Good morning,

Some helpful scroat has helped themselves to the cat off my 2005 2.2 accord tourer whilst I was at work last night.

They've cut it before the Downpipe bends back under the car and at the mid box just past the flange.

I can get a new flexi downpipe section for £38 and I'm planning on just welding a straight section of pipe from the flexi to remaining centre section, has anyone actually decatted a 2.2 diesel and did it have any downsides? has anyone managed to pass an mot with a decat?

The cars mot'd till May so worst case I'll scrap it then if I can't get another mot without the cat

Thanks
Chris

Scum. Can't help with the question unfortunately.

Have you got any neighbours with cameras on their front door ?

Keep an eye out for any other local activity through the social media networks in case somebody clocks a gang, then link your police report to theirs.
With luck you should be able to apply for the victims surcharge everybody puts into the pot if you can't get the funds for your inconvenience directly through the courts.

Good luck

Unfortunately it was at work, we park in what is effectively a public car park with no security, about 10 cars we're done in total, its one of the reasons I only use a cheap old motor for work.

Having had a proper look this afternoon it looks to be a secondary cat they've taken, the main unit is still tucked up the back of the engine so I shouldn't have an issue at mot time aslong as my repair pipe looks factory which shouldn't be too difficult, probably cost me £80 by time I've got it sorted

Chris