What's new

2.2 Diesel Saloon - Brake pads

RobPhoboS

Reaction score
Car
2006 Honda Accord
I just wondered if anyone had any recommendations on brake pads (ideally with a link!), just looking on the typical sites and also wondered if there's a difference between the Saloon & Estate/Tourer ?
Just looking for decent stopping power, no noise :)

Cheers for any help !

Anyone?
:oops:

Also looked like there were 2 different types of callipers, is there an easy way to tell which is what ?

I use the brembo pads from eurocarparts.

They are really good and great value especially when they have their promo deals on.
Been using them for 8 years.

Careful when ordering as there a a few variants listed

Cheers, I think I'll have to take a couple of photo's to see if anyone can ID which variant I have, and I'll double check the documents too.
Last thing regarding brakes.
Fluid -I usually use TYP 200 (DOT 4) on my track 350z, that should be fine right?

Right, finally was able to take a couple of snaps, not sure if this really helps identify which version I have though:

51718251480_157aabdc0a_b.jpg

51718251435_d81234ee10_b.jpg

I'm guessing it's this version due to the 2 nipple bits in the middle:

Ah crap, forgot to look at the rear :rolleyes:

Those are the ATE brakepads commonly known as "hammerheads" because of the shape of the wings on each side.

Brake pads for a 2006 Saloon

I use the brembo pads form eurocarparts

Part numbers are:

Fronts: 10160016A
Rears: 10160011A

Wait for those promo deals on eurocarparts before buying :)

Well I finally changed the pads, cheers for the confirmation of the part numbers BTW.
The rear left caliper is done, not moving at all. So I'll replace it rather than fix.
Just wondering if these are the corresponding part numbers for the rear calipers?

• OEM ref: 43018-S7S-000 (R), 43019-S7S-000 (L)

Not sure if you done your callipers yet but I did my rear callipers way back when I bought the car in 2013.
Usual Honda issue with the rears seizing up.
Just replaced my rear brake pads last weekend and the callipers are still going strong :)

Bought the callipers from here and also bought my s2000 callipers here aswell when I overhauled its brake system back in 2018.
Great quality and can get money back for your old callipers

Enter your reg number and they will send you the right parts

Ah good to know but I ended up with ebay jobs.
I did end up replacing them but I couldn't figure out how to get the handbrake cable out of the calliper - so I took the old part off, and put it onto the new one (saved breaking anything!).