What's new

2.2 iDTEC acceleration problems

Andreslopez

Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.2 I-DTEC
Hi all,

I’ve just purchased a 2008 2.2 iDTEC accord with the N22B1 engine. It had a remap in 2021 according to invoices.

When I purchased it, it had a fault where the PGM FI error was showing on the dash and the car wouldn’t accelerate past around 3k rpm when accelerating hard, it would essential feel like I’ve taken my foot off the throttle even though I hadn’t.

I took the car to a friend’s garage and their diagnostics showed glow plug 3 fault but nothing else. They tested EGR and turbo actuator and they worked fine. I replaced glow plug 3 and the PGM FI code cleared but the problem accelerating still happened, and this time the EML came on with code P0088-high fuel pressure.

I then replaced the fuel filter with a new Honda OEM unit, I cleared all codes and took it for a spin, and still the same problem accelerating, but no EML or PGM FI errors this time.

Where shall I look next? I’ve got nothing that’s shouting “look this way” currently.

I cleaned MAF and MAP sensors, ran bottle of injector cleaner, ran a can of EGR cleaner too.

Where would you look next?

Many thanks in advance!

Last edited:
It could be dpf related if it hasn't been removed already. And having it professionally cleaned won't fix it either apparently.

It could be dpf related if it hasn't been removed already. And having it professionally cleaned won't fix it either apparently.

There’s invoices for a new dpf and quite a few dpf cleansover the last few years, and no light on dash indicating anything towards it.

I do agree with that! I’ve spoken to F6HAD and he’s said a remap with DPF and EGR delete could potentially sort the issue out.

I’m starting to think it’s EGR related, that it’s stuck open.

But another thing I’ve noticed is someone at some point has messed with the fuel system. The injector leak off pipes are some homebrew job. Looking at pictures online that line should have some sort of no return valve/filter.
IMG_9947-min-min.pngIMG_9958-min-min.jpegIMG_9959-min-min.jpegIMG_9956-min-min.jpeg