2.4 exhaust system take off

sunspot

Reaction score
Car
7th gen 2.4 Accord
downpipe is blowing at flexi and rear boxes blowing also
thinking of taking off whole system to get it apart
anybody done this ?

Yes it's not too bad. You have to unplug some sensors. WD40 on the rubbers helps a lot. If you want to re-use the cat you'll need an angle grinder to get the rusty nuts off.

when i had a look underneath there was two sensors 1 on the downpipe flexi bit and 1 on the cat
hopefully i can find where the sensors plug in the loom and unplug there and then get the bolts off holding the downpipe bit to the manifold and then get the complete system off the rubbers as you say
when i have it off the car complete it will be better to get at the nuts like you say and the sensors also
seen separate aftermarket back boxes thinking of getting those and cutting old ones off . it will be better to put back then

one big question what happens if i need to move the car around with the system off . will the ecu throw a wobbly
has anyone put a straight pipe back in place of the cat if so what about the ecu

Didn't start mine with the exhaust off but when people get their cats stolen I think their cars start but very noisy.

getting the cat stolen is a potential that could happen in the future as i will be moving from this place with a drive to a terrace and it will be parked on the street

has anyone put a straight through on these disguised as a cat when mot time , or replace cat back in system just for mot
did the ecu need a mod

other idea is a cat protection has anyone found a good one for the 2.4 accord

how did you get to the front and back at same time did you lift hole car up to get under

good idea i was going to start at front then down and reverse onto small ramps.
you idea will start on ramps at back then lift front