What's new

2004 CTDI Tourer Climate Problem

SCOTTP999

Members
Reaction score
Car
04 CTDI TOURER
Hi all

Im a new Accord owner and already got some great tips from the site.

Just bought a 2004 CTDI and have a prob with the climate/air-con system.

1. Pressing A/C, shows as "on" ,i hear the revs change briefly, cooling fans come on
2. Doesnt go cold and cant hear the drier working
3. Checked the low-side pressure with a guage and the pressure is a bit on the high side.
4. Checked the fuses and no fuses blown
4. Basically, the car only blows ambient air - i also turned the heater on and it on pumps out heat on Hi setting - nothing in between apart from 1 degree under Hi.

Any suggestions? Ive been told that Hondas have a safety cut-out switch which stops the a/c from working if the pressure is too high or too low? Id guess the last owner has had the system charged too high.

My local Honda dealer is a well known brand owned by a gentleman whos initials are also A-C! not sure if im allowed to say the name on here however past experiences with these dealerships is less than happy so wanted to see if any owners have had the same issue!

On a separate note- cany anyone recommend good dealers either Main or independent for future servicing on East Coast of Scotland??

thanks guys - im not the most technical on the planet!!

:D

we know the brand and they don't have a great rep...

what reading did you get?

Scott is it the same on both sides.

A few members have mentioned about problems on one side, i.e one side blowing cold and one side hot etc (without using dual)

Scott is it the same on both sides.

A few members have mentioned about problems on one side, i.e one side blowing cold and one side hot etc (without using dual)

Hi guys- I used the guage that came from an Ez Chill canister I had in the garage - with the a/c off, the LOW side was reading over 70 PSI just bordering on the warning zone!!!- I dont have one to check the HIGH port. I had a Mondeo in the past which didnt switch the compressor on if it was over 45 PSI or under 10 PSI so wondered if the Accord had the same?

Also- coolant is full but doesnt have much colour about it- its clear but has a hint of blue/green- was gonna change the coolant as I always do to the red stuff but could that affect it??

On the second point, Ive tried it with Dual on and dual off and it simply blows the ambient air- no cooling at all!!
Tried the Heat setting too with A/C on and off and it doesnt blow heat till its on HI setting or 1 degree below high -theres nothing in between! So at least I know the heater is working!!

with all this nice weather (even in Scotland) im hoping it will be an easy fix! :rolleyes: