What's new

2006 2.0L SE Audio

Wehaveaccord

Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.0l i-VTEC
I have the standard non-premium radio/cd with three pairs of speakers and am considering a very basic upgrade - I have grills in the rear doors ( with no sound so presumably no speaker behind) and am considering just adding a fourth pair of speakers.

Does anyone know if:

a) Is there a standard cutout in the frame of the door behind the grill for a speaker to be installed as per the front doors?

b) Does the addition of speakers in the rear doors add to the the overall sound experience?( I won't have rear passengers so the intention is just to add a bit of depth to the sound in the front)

c) Would I connect these to the rear signal feed for fader adjustment purposes?

I have the premium sound system with 8 speakers and what really makes the difference is the 2 woofers in the boot and the tweeters.

And easy upgrade is to replace the front speakers with the Focal ISU165 and add a focal IBUS for the bass.

Thanks - I think the best place to start is with the boot shelf woofers/front dash tweeters and see what the resultant sound is like.

A quick google suggests that there is no crossover as such and instead the tweeters have a high-pass filter (presumably a capacitor) so I should be able to get a reasonable balance with trial and error.