What's new

2nd to third gear shifting problam

ashman

Reaction score
Car
honda accord 2010
hi guys new here dont know if answered before i have a 2010 honda accord 20 ivtec petrol i have probs with shifting in 2nd gear slight crunch and in third 80 percent of time this happens
since buying the car which iv had now 14 months iv had this issue. i changed the clutch put a lux clutch kit 6 months back still the same issue but i did have a very squeaky clutch pedal and a squeaky sticky clutch master cylinder which my local garage chap just sprayed pedal and clutch master cylinder. still same and dont know what to do the mileage is 11800 had car about 14 months im second owner car has full service history so dont know if its serious or something simple
anyway hope you guys can help thanks

Last edited:
I would take to someone more competent i would check clutch pedal for cracks common issue, next make sure master and slave cylinder working fine, after those then it would point to damaged or worn synchros on gearbox.
I welded my clutch pedal and i fitted k tuned master clutch and slave cylinder and never looked, much faster and smoother.

hi guys new here dont know if answered before i have a 2010 honda accord 20 ivtec petrol i have probs with shifting in 2nd gear slight crunch and in third 80 percent of time this happens
since buying the car which iv had now 14 months iv had this issue. i changed the clutch put a lux clutch kit 6 months back still the same issue but i did have a very squeaky clutch pedal and a squeaky sticky clutch master cylinder which my local garage chap just sprayed pedal and clutch master cylinder. still same and dont know what to do the mileage is 11800 had car about 14 months im second owner car has full service history so dont know if its serious or something simple
anyway hope you guys can help thanks
I would take to someone more competent i would check clutch pedal for cracks common issue, next make sure master and slave cylinder working fine, after those then it would point to damaged or worn synchros on gearbox.
I welded my clutch pedal and i fitted k tuned master clutch and slave cylinder and never looked, much faster and smoother.
thankyou for that i will now try to find a garage who repairs hondas and hope it will be a easy fix thanks again will come back and update once done

just had the clutch master and slave done as you said all is well now and quiet rapid too job done thanks

Lovely did you replace with oem or aftermarket ?