What's new

7th gen tourer rear brakes

jonesypjj

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.2 I-CTDI EX
Hello all just a quick question for anyone who knows abit about the rear brakes on a tourer. I have just replaced the discs and pads and give it all a quick clean off and the brakes seem to be rubbing is this normal till they bed in, the disc was very hot to. Also when I took the old pads out the outer ones were worn but the ones on the piston still had abit of pad left on it seems the outer pads are just sitting on the disc wearing down quicker. Any ideas cheers guys

Hello all just a quick question for anyone who knows abit about the rear brakes on a tourer. I have just replaced the discs and pads and give it all a quick clean off and the brakes seem to be rubbing is this normal till they bed in, the disc was very hot to. Also when I took the old pads out the outer ones were worn but the ones on the piston still had abit of pad left on it seems the outer pads are just sitting on the disc wearing down quicker. Any ideas cheers guys
No, it is not normal for the discs to get 'very hot' following pad or disc replacement. I suggest you check that the caliper pistons move freely in and out and also check that the sliding metal surfaces on the pads are free to move - I had to lightly grind off the extreme edges on my new rear pads to remove paint and casting marks (at the pad widest point) as the pad was not moving freely. Did you apply copper grease (or equivalent) on the metal to metal moving surfaces?

I applied copper grease to the brake pad where the piston meets. I think I need to strip it back down grease the metal sliders were the pads sit and look at the sliding pins that hold the caliper on, more time cleaning and greasing I think.

I applied copper grease to the brake pad where the piston meets. I think I need to strip it back down grease the metal sliders were the pads sit and look at the sliding pins that hold the caliper on, more time cleaning and greasing I think.
Yes, it's important to grease the metal sliders, but check that the pads do move freely before you do this. Are you sure the calipers are free to move in and out?