What's new

8th gen ice box

vile

T A Terminator
Staff member
Reaction score
Car
8th gen 2.4 Manual
Guys have a look at this video and is it really this easy to mod a stock air intake.The stock air box will be fitted with a K&N panel filter as well.
What else is needed for the conversion guys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=zk0LNwah374

Guys have a look at this video and is it really this easy to mod a stock air intake.The stock air box will be fitted with a K&N panel filter as well.
What else is needed for the conversion guys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=zk0LNwah374

Brett, when i had my bumper off to do the headlight mod i had a look around the air box and yes, it would be as easy as it looks. When removing the box dont forget the bit of joing pipe that you would remove when changing a light bulb. ;)

be brave and whip the bumber off, just get ready to remove what seems an endless amount of clips. :ph34r:

Thanks james this might be another mod and kill 2 birds with 1 stone as well Hids

:D Happy days

What goes in its place with removing the stock box? The bloke just puts the bumper back on?

What goes in its place with removing the stock box? The bloke just puts the bumper back on?
Martin i think the guy just removed the resonator box as this will make the car sound more like you have an induction kit.

Ah so it won't cause any damage to your Vechical then? Such as anything going thought the pipe

Ah so it won't cause any damage to your Vechical then? Such as anything going thought the pipe
This is the chance you take as by taking the resonator box off your intake will be lower into the wheel arch.If you drive through a large puddle this will increase the chance of sucking up water into your engine.
With a diesel i wouldn't bother tbo as there will be limited gains if any.

Yeah think I might leave it in ha ha I would be kicking myself if I was driving in heavy rain and my car cuts out on me. Cheers Brett

True mate expecely all the flooding we have had at late