What's new

8th Gen Values?

wassap

Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.2 ESGT
Hi Folks

First of all greetings Im a longtime Honda owner, ive had accords as company cars for many many years, best cars ive ever owned!

Anyway, just wondering if anyone has any ideas on what an 8th gen is worth.My current company car goes back in September, its a 59 reg ESGT NAV saloon, in milano red.Its the 2.2 i-dtec. Sadly its being replaced by an A4 Avant, as simply the space in the 8th gen tourer isnt good enough :(

But I digress, my car will have 75k on the clock in september, and lex autolease have offered it to me for £8.5k, now the car will be mint when it goes back, as the hand back criteria is a bit over the top, so essentially the front end normally gets repainted, which isnt a bad thing with honda milano red! wheels are unmarked pretty much too, so im thinking is it worth me buying it back and flogging it on to make a quick £500 or even a grand!

What do you reckon fellas anyone got access to any decent valuation guides?

Hello,

You should be able to get 9 - 9.5k, but just take in to account insurance etc... While trying to see it that could eat in to the profits.

As its Sept, also think about the prices dropping on the current accord if the new version is out by then?? Not sure on its date it goes on sale.

75k on a 3 year old car means people will only pay bottom dollar. If you have £8.5k spare and fancy a gamble, go for it, but be prepared that you may not sell it too easily and might have to take a hit on it.

The lease company would be looking at the auction prices, so to for you as a purchase it's not a bad price but is a huge gamble if you are doing it just to make money. Second hand car sales are pretty low at the moment so you could be waiting a while for a sale.

If you're serious it would be interesting to follow a few cars to auction and see what they actually make - BCA are where most lease cars end up.

Parkers guide website can give you a valuation which might swing your decision. But if i had 8.5grand would i buy a 75, 000 mile honda. Sorry but i would have to think about a getting a big german diesel or petrol, would definatly consider a petrol honda accord euro r or integra. I even would think about buying a honda s2000 for me and getting my wife a bigger car so when i need to be practical i got her car. Sorry to ramble but it felt good to dump my brain on this thread lol!