What's new

A/C faulty

Axlebart

Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.4 Type-S
Car has been sat during pandemic. Finally got it back on the road after replacing brake discs.

First thing I noticed was that the A/C is not working. The clutch wheel is not spinning when A/C is engaged.

I've tested the relay's in the fusebox, they're fine. What's my next step? (treat me like a 5 year old).

Car has been sat during pandemic. Finally got it back on the road after replacing brake discs.

First thing I noticed was that the A/C is not working. The clutch wheel is not spinning when A/C is engaged.

I've tested the relay's in the fusebox, they're fine. What's my next step? (treat me like a 5 year old).
I would get the AC gas checked first as the clutch wont engage if the refridgerant has leaked out.Had this exact same problem on my other car last year..turned out to be hole in my condensor.joints throughout the system have o ring seals that perish over time and with your vehicle stood idle for a while most likely reason for leak....if that is indeed your problem? many garages like halfords will do a free AC check and identify issues

I had same thing and was the relay. There were two the same ( with air con type symbol on diagram for them) ,switched them over and tested air con and could tell it engaged straight away then all was chilly and nice.
Switched straight back until replacement arrived.