What's new

AC Compressor bearings are shot - Options?

s-preston87

Members
Reaction score
Car
7th Gen- Sport
Hello again everyone,

So i was driving to Gatwick airport to pick up some family, stopped at Oxford service and noticed there was a very loud grinding noise coming from under the bonnet. Managed to find out it was part of a original issue with my ac compressor.
I sprayed some lubricant directly onto it and it just sizzled like a frying pan, looks like the bearing have all gone and may have seized/ on the way to seizing up. Had to get towed home by AA as i didn't want to take the risk of any further damage.

I just have a few questions as i believe I only have two real options.

1) to purchase a smaller aux belt to bypass the ac compressor. Does this even exist? (this would be a cheap temp fix)
2) to purchase an ac compressor unit, preferably already used as they are quite pricey.
3) he main question is does the petrol and diesel use the exact same ac unit? and is it risky buying a second hand unit?
This is what i have been looking at on eBay...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HONDA-ACCORD-MK7-03-07-A-C-AC-COMPRESSOR-PUMP-DENSO-10S17C-447220-5900/132477463277?epid=1409408366&hash=item1ed845aaed:g:b-kAAOSw6lRaY7g9

Thanks in advanced
Sanj

How much for the diesel one? Be nice to get aircon working before the sun possibly decides to warm this country up

I managed to buy a smaller belt to bypass it as a temp fix. Was only £12.

Can anyone confirm if the ac compressor for the deisel is the same as for the petrol?

Just thought i would add. If you give them a call and ask for the brand (i forgot to note it before throwing away the packaging) if your not from in or around lancashire you can then try and google the part. Im sure other suppliers should stock it too.

Cheers