What's new

ACC LKAS(adaptive cruise control lane keep ***ist)

AlanS

Members
Reaction score
Car
2.4 EX Tourer ADAS
Was driving along on the motorway, then a warning message came on.
It says check system and the ACC LKAS lights up.

So I'm guessing there's a problem with the Cuise control?
I rarely use it anyway and I've checked the fuse under dash, camera
Behind the rearview mirror, front embelm which are all clean.

The lights goes away when restarting the engine, along as I don't go
Over 45mph then its fine, if I go over then it'll come back on again.
The manual says the LKAS only engage
If vehicle speed is over 45mph so I'm guess this is when the system
Comes active and detect a fault.

Anything I can check before taking it to the dealers?

Doubt it bud... this sounds like it is summut to do with the camera that pick up the white lines; or even more wallet worryingly, the radar thingy in your grille.

You haven't noticed any small animals/children/garden furniture sticking out of your front end recently?

bit of an update on this

booked in at HH today to diagnose the LKAS warning light problem,
after half an hour wait in the waiting area i've been told its the battery not holding enough voltage to power the system so therefore its throwing up a fault!?
anyway got quoted a price to fit a new battery and promised this will solve the problem, so i thought okay it could be worse and gave the go ahead and hope this is the end of it.

another 30 mins later new battery fitted, paid for it off i went.

then as soon i hit above 45mph on the dual carriageway the light came back on again, headed straight back to HH.

the mechanic then took the car out for a run with the diagnose system plugged in, came back and confirmed its the Control unit is faulty.

to replace the LKAS module unit it'll cost £1100. and i'm not sure if this will definately solve the issue as theres also the camera, radar to think about.

just wondering will this be covered in any sort of warranty as the car is only 4 years old with 64k mile FSH etc.
Will give HUK a ring tomorrow but i'm not expecting anything from them. :(

Sorry to hear this Alan.Its worth ringing HUK as there very good when you have a full dealership service.
Give them a call and be very polite to them explain the problem and you might be lucky.

yes came with 12months warranty, but as its a independant dealer warrnaty it doesnt cover electrical components like cruise control etc.
only the main elecrtical side of things i,e starter motor fuel pumps etc.

You could try partsgateway.co.uk. & if you keep your eye on ebay you might get lucky.

So glad that i went to lower the psi on my tyres.
One of the rear tyre is down to 17psi as it had a puncture repair few months back, so i'm guessing its a bodge job and letting air out slowly.

And guess what, i then went on the motorway and LKAS light never came on. :D again its been ok on my way back!!!!
Did a few dualcarriage way run with speed over 50mph, no light!!!!
The LKAS function and ACC are back to how it should be now. :D

So i'm guessing the low air pressure on one of the back tyre are causing interference with the camera?

Anyway i'm well happy its fixed it self, hopefully this is it.

So glad that i went to lower the psi on my tyres.
One of the rear tyre is down to 17psi as it had a puncture repair few months back, so i'm guessing its a bodge job and letting air out slowly.

And guess what, i then went on the motorway and LKAS light never came on. :D again its been ok on my way back!!!!
Did a few dualcarriage way run with speed over 50mph, no light!!!!
The LKAS function and ACC are back to how it should be now. :D

So i'm guessing the low air pressure on one of the back tyre are causing interference with the camera?

Anyway i'm well happy its fixed it self, hopefully this is it.

Glad to hear it has sorted itself. if it rears its ugly head again Silverlake salvage are breaking a couple of facelift Accords so you could source a used module from them. It will be a hell of a lot cheaper than Honda.

Great news, and it's nice to know petrol Accords are in fact bullet proof after all.

Neil - thanks will keep that in mind, lets pray i dont ever need to call them.

I've spoke to HUK and customer relation team did offer to knock the parts down to £350+VAT then labours on top.
But told them to go away as i wont be paying for something that they cant guarantee will fix the fault.

Cliff- I'm now back in love with the Accord again knowing its in tip top condition. Mind the module unit is made by a French company called ELSYS, so not suprised if it does go .