What's new

Accord 07/08 2.2 Ictdi Clutch

conmacirl22

Reaction score
Car
accord Ictdi
Hi . new here

I'm currently looking into buying an Accord 2.2 ictdi around 07/08 just wondering what type of clutch have they got, also anything else major to look out for when buying.

Cheers in advance ;)

Welcome to TA.

Answers to your questions are already here bud...

Welcome along Conor,

There is plenty on the clutch for the i-ctdi on here

Have a look in the 7th gen diesel faults section below:
Diesel Faults Section

Don't be put off by the faults section, you will notice that anything major is either subsidised under the Honda happiness scheme or has an extended warranty.

As with any forum, faults are concentrated on more than how good a car is.

To quickly summarise however the things to look out for are:

0w-30 oil has been used at each oil change and has been changed at regular intervals, the nearer to 8k intervals the better 6k intervals and that's looked after.
Genuine parts such as fuel filter's have been used and replaced at the correct service intervals.

Clutch slip can occur and no doubt you will find post's on this subject, the slip exhibits itself in say fourth doing around 2k revs and then accelerating, you will see the rev counter increase to say 2.5k without feeling any increase in speed, before the power actually kicks in. The thing with the clutch is to get it replaced as soon as you can after noticing it, don't wait for it to be on it's last legs as you stand more chance of damaging the DMF.

The exhaust manifold can crack at the welds, if it is not the revised version, this is covered by a generous warranty extension, threads on here explain how to detect the issue.

The VSA modulator can have an issue, which is also covered by an extended warranty up to 62k a few cars have suffered this, again there are threads on this.

The main thing is that correct servicing has been done,

Obviously if you want ultimate reliability then a petrol Accord is always an option.

When searching the forum for a subject I find using the google custom search function in the top right hand corner to be the better of the two search functions.

Hope this helps

hello and welcome fella,
with my first accord i did 27 k miles and clutch was still half worn so .......in other hand you never know what can happen