What's new

Accord 2.4 Type S Gearbox noise?

Majemoss

Members
Reaction score
Car
Prelude
Hi all, my cars a 2003 type s 2.4 with 100k on the clock.
I've just recently started to get a faint noise when driving in gear, the noise goes when the clutch is pressed in.
The noise is a sort of chattering sound. I've had a search on the internet and have seen plenty of Civic's with the same symptoms.
I'm thinking its the input shaft bearing.
Has anybody else had this fault with the Accord 6 speed manual box?
I'm not too worried at the moment as its only noticeable when the windows are up with the radio off. But if it gets worse then i'll have to look at
taking the box out and repairing it.
Any help is appreciated.
Cheers all.

did you get this sorted?

I had a similar issue with a gearbox 2.2 6 speed 8th gen tourer. changed all the gearbox bearings, clutch, differential. noise was still there - it will get worse. usually about 20k will see it from barely noticable at 40mph in any gear to always noticable from 30 up to 80mph again in all gears.

never did work out what it was.

i have several honda products, bikes, cars, etc. have received great customer service with honda, even trying to resolve this issue even though I had to contribute. i would definately get honda products in the future.

did you get this sorted?

I had a similar issue with a gearbox 2.2 6 speed 8th gen tourer. changed all the gearbox bearings, clutch, differential. noise was still there - it will get worse. usually about 20k will see it from barely noticable at 40mph in any gear to always noticable from 30 up to 80mph again in all gears.

never did work out what it was.

i have several honda products, bikes, cars, etc. have received great customer service with honda, even trying to resolve this issue even though I had to contribute. i would definately get honda products in the future.

In the end i put a brand new box on. Noise gone