What's new

Accord Aerodeck 1986 3G Parts required

r.seward

Members
Reaction score
Car
1986 Accord Aerodeck
Hello, I've put this post in the newbies forum too, so apologies if you're seeing it for the second time. I joined to get some help with my 1986 Accord Aerodeck, does anyone know where I may be able to get a front cross member (the front engine mounting sits on it) as the car has just failed the MOT due to corrosion by the offside fixings. I've posted a request in breakeryard.com. Much less likely and not so essential, but it would be very nice if anyone knew of a roof panel for this car too; it has a sun roof. I guess that the cross member will be the same in the saloon and the aerodeck but would be glad to learn if anyone knows differently.

I'm older than the car, which has let me down only once in twenty years, and I'm trying to repair it because my good lady and I both like it a great deal. We do have other transport; there is however a bit of contention between us about how much I should spend on any repair.

Rgds.

Ill post the reply here as well lol.

Welcome, firstly, i read your name as Rod Steward! opps.

Secondly, 86 aero, full of win!

If you want to keep the car running, my suggestion is to buy a whole car on ebay for £300 as ive seen 4 go for about that in the last 3 months. That way you have a whole set of spare parts, which would cost less than taking it somewhere and getting oem parts and fitting. This is what i did very recently for my 4th gen accord.

It also wouldnt suprise me if the cross member is the same as the 3rd 4th gen accord, or/and 3rd 4th gen prelude.

for your info, just right now this is the amount of old accords on ebay! http://motors.shop.e...|1992|1987|1985

Hi Marcus, thanks for the kind response and useful pointers. There is a 1987 saloon on e-bay now for £700 - bit too much in the circumstances, and storing another car may become another cause for contention.

It's a surprise to find my name published, I thought the pseudonym would take care of that. My singing voice is neither like a Sunbeam nor Rod Stewart (and I don't have his sense of style either).

Rgds