What's new

Accord Diesel Tourer

Robbo Cop

Members
Reaction score
Car
Skoda Superb
Hi all,

Brand new to this forum, so firstly hello to all..!

Currently I'm driving a worthy but dated Skoda Superb 1.9 TDI Edition 100, a solid old girl but starting to feel it's age and I'm looking to change to an Accord Tourer. Really love the looks and that legendary Honda reliability, build quality and great engines. (My sister has a 2007 Civic 1.4 petrol from new and not one issue in all that time).

So, as we all now know with modern diesels, we have to look for a list of potentially costly issues like DMF,DPF injectors etc etc. Thankfully none of these have ever darkened my door in 10 years of driving a diesel..!

As I said above, I'm looking for a diesel Accord Tourer (2008 with up to 80k miles and EX spec if possible, with a full Honda history). Is there anything in particular I shoud be concerned about at this milage, electrical, engine, gearbox, suspension etc? I always treat my cars well, servicing on the button etc, so it won't have a hard life with me although I do plan to run it up to big miles (possibly 200-250k) at 20/40 k per year.

Many thanks to anyone who can offer advice and again hello to you all.

Cheers,

Rob

Welcome

I drive the saloon (I-DTEC EX with all the toys) and I can say there has never been an issue with the DMF. If I recall correctly, when I spoke with Honda prior to buying mine, there has only been ONE 8th Gen in the UK thats needed a new one.

As for the rest of the car - its flawless. A few diesel members have occassionally these past few months spoken of regen issues, but nothing serious or mechanical of all. In fact you could say the 8th Gen section is rather boring because nothing happens! LOL :lol:

I'd rather it stay that way to be honest! You wont go wrong with teh car so long as its been serviced regularly - you might want to ask about the timing chain and whether its changed or not for that mileage. Other than that, no real issues at all to report from my perspective.

Welcome along Rob iv got an 8th but a 2.4 petrol and no probs at all.The diesel haven't had any problems reported as yet only a few minor software upgrades.This has been covered by Honda so no worries at all.Have a look in the 8th gen section for faults but there is not much there to be honest.

Hi A-EX,

That's great news but not surprising I guess, considering it's a Honda..! I would seriously consider DPF removal just to be on the safe side, they're just not worth the headache if they go wrong. There is a very good tuner here that I have used before with great results. I'd imagine a re-map would easily see 180BHP safely.

Anyway, many thanks for the reply and advice.

Cheers,

Rob

Thanks Brett.

Almost all reviews, forums etc, say that if you want looks buy an Alfa, build quality buy an Audi and reliability, buy a Honda or a Toyota. I'd agree mostly with those views although I do think the Accord is a great looking car, both in saloon and touring guise.

I look forward to a few test drives.!

Cheers,

Rob

Hello and welcome to TA. Good choice of car and you wont be dissapointed. Had mine 3 years from new and never missed a beat.

Hi A-EX,

That's great news but not surprising I guess, considering it's a Honda..! I would seriously consider DPF removal just to be on the safe side, they're just not worth the headache if they go wrong. There is a very good tuner here that I have used before with great results. I'd imagine a re-map would easily see 180BHP safely.

Anyway, many thanks for the reply and advice.

Cheers,

Rob

Unfortunately (right word? LOL!!) my car is still under warranty so wont be doing any DPF delete any time soon. But most of my journeys are long, not short and have never had any regen issues whatsoever. Although I am toying with deletion alongside a remap when the time is right.

In a way, the lack of posts about major problems is a GOOD sign - that means like the petrol bretheren, the I-DTEC cars are just as solid. After all, its Honda. :lol:

Yeah, you can't ignore Honda topping the reliability charts time after time.

Well done Honda.!

Rob