What's new

Accord Heater 2.2 iDtec

spb21

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord EX GT
Hi,

I've a 2009 EX GT 2.2 i-Dtec accord and noticed as last while that the interior heater is blowing cold air when set to 22, 23 or 24. It warms up when set to 25 or above. The temperature hand is sitting as normal and the coolant level is fine. Just wondering if anyone had any ideas as to what may be wrong before i contact the dealer,

Thanks

It might be your thermostate needs resetting.
I'm sure there is a DIY on this and needs to be set from the hidden menu on the sat nav

It might be your thermostate needs resetting.
I'm sure there is a DIY on this and needs to be set from the hidden menu on the sat nav
Thanks for your reply. I've had a quick look but can't find the DIY you mentioned. Is this something that the dealer needs to do?

Mine does this if the car is already hot inside ! this is just keeping the temp at the correctly set level. If the car does not get warm inside whist set at 20 or so then there is a problem .

Try this for the 7 th gen it's prob the same.

To use the self-diagnostic:

1. Turn the ingition off.
2. Press and hold AUTO and DUAL. Start engine.
3. Release buttons. You'll get the sensor number and sensor values. There are 9 sensors. Sensor 1 is the internal temperature. 9 I think gives the vent output temperature. You can cycle through the sensors with the rear window demist button.
4. Press AUTO again to cancel.

Would be useful Brett to let us know how close it matches a thermometer.