What's new

Accord K24Z3 what is the best possible oil for european market and 150k miles engine?

bryanfury

Members
Reaction score
Car
honda accord
Hi i am recently pround owner of Honda accord for european market 2.4 petrol manual gearbox , year 2011 8th generation before face lift, with engine k24z3 ,
I wonder, what is the best possible oil for european market and 150k miles engine?

I live in europe and car have 150k miles already from previous owners,
car doesnt have very regular oil maitenance some oil changes from previous/ owner/s were at around 30k, i dont know what engine oil was used...
some of the oil change intervals were between 2-3 years so..

Please advice me as far as i understand for such engine 0w 20 will be worst possible option, so what are my options should i stick with 5w 30 or something else please advice thanks.

What does Honda recommend for your car? Do you have a manual with the car? You need to get the correct specification of oil as well as the viscosity.

That’s the viscosity they recommend. What is the specification? Will be something like C2/C3 or A5. This is the important part.

I drive an euro 2012 Accord CW2 (same engine). Book says anything from 0w20 to 10w30 in A3B4 or A5B5.
Personally using a 0w30 A3B4, real full synthetic (found a godd price) but I have used 5w30 and 10w30.
Even tested a 5w40 for an interval. car did not like it, too much engine drag.