What's new

ACURA TL 2006 spotted in the UK

Do you think anyone would buy a Acura TL 2006 in the UK?

• Total voters

ifleye

Reaction score
Car
ACURA TL 2006
Saw this Acura TL from the states as I was looking through Honda Accord online Autotrader . What a magnificent machine. I need a estate model so I cant buy it

I tried to copy a picture of it buy couldnt . I did get the link in autotrader

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201142422409027/sort/pricedesc/usedcars/model/accord/make/honda/postcode/cb43rh/radius/20/page/1?logcode=p

Never seen one of these cars before . It looks like a beefed up Accord with more gadgets in it..

good luck getting 16 grand for it. that thing will be sat on your drive until next Christmas at that price.

Sorry John I agree with Neil it's a great car but finding a UK buyer pay that, when they could get a newer UK spec Legend 3.5 for quite a bit less money and better parts availability, will be very difficult indeed.

It's hard enough finding buyers nowadays who will take on even a 2.4 petrol accord with its fuel consumption and high VED cost, with the recession and fuel prices being what they are - mine was sat in the dealers for several months before I bought it at a heavy discount.

Still you never know you might find an enthusiast but they have budgets too.

Agree with you there Chris. Nice car though.

That's a beatuiful car but the reason the sellers priced it so high is because it's such a unique car in the UK, proably the only 3rd gen? in the uk, theres been an accident damaged second gen on Ebay for a while now, it's 2004 and it's around 4k, the problem is that you'd have to import doors from Amerca/Canada, so it'd cost quite a bit to repair. But you could probably import a used 2006 for way less than 16k and get the smaller 4 cylinder engine

When you can buy a 2009 Legend 3.5 V6 with 33k on the clock for £16.500 that Acura makes absolutely no sense at 15.5k. To be brutally honest, you would be doing well to get 8k for it. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2009-Honda-Legend-3-5-VTEC-V6-EX-/320762634816?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item4aaef16240 With not much haggling you could easily bag that Legend for 15k

Who wants a car that is left hand drive, difficult to replace panels on and has a 3.5V6 under the bonnet. Fair enough if it is a Mustang and there is a market for it. But an Acura TL. Nah.

If I had that sort of money and I had a primary car, I'd be more than happy to buy and import a TL because they are rare in the UK and pretty nice to drive and very comfortable to sit in :)

If I had that sort of money and I had a primary car, I'd be more than happy to buy and import a TL because they are rare in the UK and pretty nice to drive and very comfortable to sit in :)

A Honda Legend ticks all those boxes as well. :)

Nice but one heck of a price tag. For £16,000 you could get a very, very nice 8th generation. I saw a wonderful 2010 8th Gen tourer at our local dealers, ex demo £11,000.

Any how's, I would think parts would be hard to find over here for that, might cost a wedge to insure as well because it's an import. Wouldn't be for me, even if it was under half the price.

A Honda Legend ticks all those boxes as well. :)
That's a fair point but hardly anyone here has heard of Acura and I doubt there are more than 10 in the whole of the UK, also it's a pretty looking thing compared to the slightly "fat" Legend, don't get me wrong, I love the legend but I'd prefer the TL :D

That's a fair point but hardly anyone here has heard of Acura and I doubt there are more than 10 in the whole of the UK, also it's a pretty looking thing compared to the slightly "fat" Legend, don't get me wrong, I love the legend but I'd prefer the TL :D

If i had 16k burning a hole in my pocket i wouldn't have either to be honest. :D
You can get a decent BMW 530d for that sort of money and insure it for a year.

If i had 16k burning a hole in my pocket i wouldn't have either to be honest. :D
You can get a decent BMW 530d for that sort of money and insure it for a year.

That is a tempting proposition :/
Id rather buy a 1990 accord 2.2 4ws and insure it for an age, and buy a first gen prelude manual :D

hi guys... i own an Acura... i live in Detroit... and this car its awesome

^^Welcome along dude, you can start a new thread for your introduction, btw, what engine/tranny combo have you got?

Mr Honda said:
^^Welcome along dude, you can start a new thread for your introduction, btw, what engine/tranny combo have you got?
2012 Acura MDX Advanced Pkg with Nav and DVD player... if i could upload photos ... u would be amazed :D

Sadly theres always a few deluded sellers who think they can ask top money because something is 'rare'. As cracking a car the CL is, its rare here for a reason. Because no one wants a left hand drive version a car that is more or less already available and is going to be a lot more tricky to get parts for and insure.

Theres good rare, and theres bad rare.

This car is bad rare.

4h6udv.jpg

Mr Honda said:
4h6udv.jpg

:D