What's new

Adjust handbrake cable on a tourer

davecmr

Members
Reaction score
Car
Tourer Sport Diesel
Where is the adjuster to take up some slack on the handbrake as mines on about 9 clicks before it will hold the car. Is it under the centre arm rest? If so how do I get to it on my civic it was really easy had a look on the Accord but couldn't see an easy way of getting the tray out of the inside of the arm rest.

Dave this would be a good DIY mine is the same but is a saloon.Any info guys would be great.

you access it by taking the pannel off the back of the centre console. push both front seats fully forwards and remmove 2 x screws either side of the rear pannel. there easy to spot as there are no other screws there. once removed use idealy a trim tool but you could use a srewdriver wrapped in tape to pry the top of the trim towards you. the gap is between the top of the trim and the arm rest. there are two clips on the inside of it on each corner so pry on the top corners so's not to snap the trim. it will now unclip and pull off. you can now acces the handbrake adjuster through the gap at the bottom. you will need a medium/long 3/8" extention, 3/8" ratchet and 12mm deep socket and a torch. and adjust away!!

Yup as above, but I only found that out after I removed the entire centre console and saw how it came apart lol. Never mind kept me busy for a while!!!!

Nice one Adam when i do mine i will take some photos.

Added a DIY I did a while ago http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/1041-accord-handbrake-adjustment/

Nice easy job to do B)

Doh, I did a search too and never found that post B)

Not your fault dave I did it ages ago for THAOC but never got time to tidy it up and put up here sorry mate.

Not a problem mate kept me busy doing it the long way lol