What's new

Advice please

wahabishtiaq

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord 2006
Hi Guys,

Last night some one wrecked my driver side wing just above type bend. It has a scratch and a dent as well. I am thinking about either getting it repaired via dent repair an then paint. second option is getting new wing and replace it myself.

I would like your precious advise which is easier and simpler, also cheaper to do. If later option is to be used can i do the DIY i.e replacing the wings myself?

Also my left wing mirror was damaged on the plastic outer lover end ( It was damaged when i bought the car) The whole other bit is good. Now buying a new or used electric fold and heated wing mirror is £120 odd. Would it be possible to buy non electric fold wing mirror and replace the outer plastic ***embly with the old one. Will this work? how easy is that?

Please share your invaluable knowledge and experience.

Much appreciate it.

Hi wahabishtiaq,

I would say by far the cheapest option is getting a second hand one from a scrapyard and doing it yourself- if you're savvy and have a few simple tools you should be fine. Removing the mirror is fairly easy and once done you can remove the plastic cover without fear of snapping or scratching anything.

The following was on Hondakarma for replacing the whole mirror, thanks to Ichiban:

• Lower the door glass fully.
  • Carefully pry out the mirror mount cover (A) by hand in the sequence shown.
  • Remove the door panel.

• Remove the plastic cover as necessary, then detach the harness clip (A), and disconnect the connector (B). While holding the mirror (C), remove the nuts.

• Remove the mirror (A). Take care not to scratch the door.

• Cut the wire harness (A), tube (B) with cutter, and remove the clip (C).
  • Remove the screw from the harness clip (D) and the gasket (E).

• Remove the three screws, and separate the mirror housing (A) from the bracket (B).
  • There may have clear plastic covers on remove them carefully or replace with new one one completion. otherwise you will get water penetration and cause damage.

• Remove the four screws, and the visor (A).

• Remove the one screws and separate the actuator (A) from the housing (B), and disconnect the 2P connector (C).
  • Route the wire harness of the new actuator through the hole in the bracket and gasket.
  • Install the actuator, bracket, harness clip, and gasket in the reverse order of removal.

Disconnect 2P connector (B) from the side turn signal light (A).

Install the new actuator terminals into the connector in the original arrangement.
Cover the harness hole with a tape (A).

• Install the clip (B).
  • Reinstall the mirror ***embly to the door,operate the power mirror to ensure smooth operation

Honda genuine Part details item 1, 2 in image
34300-SEA-013 LIGHT ***Y,RIGHT SIDE TURN
34350-SEA-013 LIGHT ***Y,LEFT SIDE TURN