What's new

Air con - only on passenger side.

jimlington

Members
Reaction score
Car
2010 EX Diesel Auto
Hi all,

I seem to get cold air from the passenger side vents but not on the drivers side. Not sure if its connected but the drivers side seems weaker in general whether blowing hot or cold.

Google suggests it may be the heater flap actuator and I read a thread on here about a detached cable possibly causing similar issues. If anyone could shed some light I would really appreciate it. Seems to be one niggle after another at the minute!

Thanks in advance.

Could just need regassed. I had this where passenger side was cooler than drivers.
It's due to the evaporator core only icing up on one side (passenger) due to low on gas.
Imagine your house radiator if the left side is cold and right side hot then the air from the fan blowing up through radiator sending cold air to the channel leading to passenger side and warmer air leading to channel on drivers side.
Once regassed and everything else in system is normal the evaporator core should be uniformly cool across it's width providing even temperature between left and right vents. Hopefully that's all you need is a regas

Ahh ok thanks for that, it may be that I have a leak as it was regassed just after Christmas. Will get that checked first though before investigating further.

Aprreciate the help.

Hi all,

I have just had the issue diagnosed as the flap actuator, the "garage" said they had not done one before and were reluctant to attempt to fix it.

Not sure what to do next, anyone got any experience of the same issue?

Thanks