What's new

Air Con Question

NeVeR

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord 2006
probably a stupid question but i'll ask it anyway

When i push the air on up button (not air con on) does the air con come on in anyway if you have the settings at Low ?

Did i explain that ?

The reason i ask is when i put the normal air on and it's set to "lo" or "19/20 degrees" it feels to cold to just be the outside air.. andi dont really want to have the Air con on all the time if it is the air con i have on.

Any info would be great.

cheers.

This might help

http://babelfish.yahoo.com/

If you have it set to Lo then the AC is gonna work over time to get the inside as cool as possible.

unless you have it on auto or the display says A/C on, consider it off.

Can you post us a picture bud? Struggling to work out what you want - but it has been a long day :(.

Right this 1st image is what i see when i press the up arrow to start the air. I never have Auto selected. As you can see there is no "Air Con On" data on the display

5yamno.jpg

I pressed the Air Con Button once and then this came up.

24delpe.jpg

I would say first picture has AC on, and the second AC off.

Wouldn't use the dual button unless you had to though... Does the Auto LED light up when you press it?

Ya it lights up when i press it.

I dont normally use Dual. It was just pressed that time.. Why not use it ? use more power?

Also about the Air Con button.

When i start the car there is nothing on the display as you can see..
I press it once I get Air Con Off.. i press it again and it says Air con on. When it's listed as on I can hear the car/engine kicking in.

Yes in the first picture the AC is on and in the second it is off. My last 2005 sport had that same display.

Dual does not use any more power it just lets you have a differnet temperature for the passenger side than the drivers side

If you hit the AC button and turn the AC off (displayed on screen) then the AC does not run, otherwise it will run when the temp is set to below a certain temp.
If you hit the AC button and it says AC on (displayed on screen) then the AC will run continously regardless of temp

I think this is how it works but someone may be able to add to it..

Legend - ruined by the pants film a few years back.