What's new

Airbag safety recall

Bonzo

Reaction score
Car
2005 2.0 SE manual
Just received a letter informing me there is a safety recall on the airbag inflator
The letter states that
“ In the event of an impact where the airbag is deployed the inflator part of the airbag may ignite in such a manner that it creates excessive internal pressure, as a result the metal inflator casing may rupture causing metal fragments to be propelled through the airbag and into the vehicle compartment, this may result in serious injury to vehicle occupant”

my vehicle is a 2005 saloon 2.0ltr
Anyone else had one?

Reminds me I should really reschedule mine, after I had arranged for it to be done before lockdown happened. Affects the 8th gen as well.

From memory it was more than once for the early worms.

With the planet temperature rising there may be another on the pipeline.

I had 9 requests from Honda uk regarding the recall for my previous Accord which was scrapped after being hit by a waggon in January 2015.The last notice from Honda was about a month ago. Each time I got a notice I informed them it was scrapped in 2015, but kept getting them.??
Last weekend I received notice for current vehicle which apparently need replacing again, I had the airbag replaced on recall 3 years ago on my present accord and will arrange for it to go in shortly .

I've had 3 or 4 letters now, not got around to getting it booked in. It's already been done once but seems that one needs replacing too!

Took mine in last Friday, all good.