What's new

Alarm problems

Spicyjewlz

Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord estate
Hi there,
Can anyone help - I have a Honda accord estate, automatic 2006 - had to jump start the battery last week, all seemed fine, next day I locked it with the key fob as usual, I have a habit of double locking it so the super sensor is set, when I came back some time later nothing happened when I pressed the fob so in the end I had to use the key in the door to open the car setting off the alarm, eventually it stops sounding, but a week on the red light is still flashing on the dash so the car is still armed, I can only open the drivers door without setting off the alarm and I have a cereal box accross the interior sensors so I can drive the damn thing without setting it off continually - at first I thought I just needed to replace key fob battery, but that doesn't appear to be working now, then I wandered if it was battery related so changed the car battery (everyone at the garage loved me cos it wouldnt stop, only during the battery change) the fuse box in the manual isn't very helpful either as Id just like it to say 'remote transmission fuse' but I can't work out which one it is, I have watched so many youtube videos on how to disarm the alarm but nothing works - I have an mot coming up so desperately need to sort it asap - can anyone HELP please

Hi there,
Can anyone help - I have a Honda accord estate, automatic 2006 - had to jump start the battery last week, all seemed fine, next day I locked it with the key fob as usual, I have a habit of double locking it so the super sensor is set, when I came back some time later nothing happened when I pressed the fob so in the end I had to use the key in the door to open the car setting off the alarm, eventually it stops sounding, but a week on the red light is still flashing on the dash so the car is still armed, I can only open the drivers door without setting off the alarm and I have a cereal box accross the interior sensors so I can drive the damn thing without setting it off continually - at first I thought I just needed to replace key fob battery, but that doesn't appear to be working now, then I wandered if it was battery related so changed the car battery (everyone at the garage loved me cos it wouldnt stop, only during the battery change) the fuse box in the manual isn't very helpful either as Id just like it to say 'remote transmission fuse' but I can't work out which one it is, I have watched so many youtube videos on how to disarm the alarm but nothing works - I have an mot coming up so desperately need to sort it asap - can anyone HELP please

Hi there. I had a similar problem last year when I left my car at a friends house with the keys in his house. I then walked home and came back the next day for the car with my spare key. Which unbeknownst to me had a dead fob battery. So opening the car by using the key in the door the old fashioned way and of course the alarm went off. It wasnt immobilized as I could start it. Was just a dead fob battery in my case. Sometimes the key can lose its code too. Theres a procedure online for recoding/ pairing with the vehicle.

Hi there. I had a similar problem last year when I left my car at a friends house with the keys in his house. I then walked home and came back the next day for the car with my spare key. Which unbeknownst to me had a dead fob battery. So opening the car by using the key in the door the old fashioned way and of course the alarm went off. It wasnt immobilized as I could start it. Was just a dead fob battery in my case. Sometimes the key can lose its code too. Theres a procedure online for recoding/ pairing with the vehicle.
There's another battery for the alarm near the woofer speaker in the back. There are some threads on the forum about changing it.

Thanks so much for you repli
There's another battery for the alarm near the woofer speaker in the back. There are some threads on the forum about changing it.

Thanks for all these posts, reading them is making my alarm problem make more sense, as above my alarm is still armed as the key fob has stopped working, I've replaced the batteries in both fobs ***uming that would be the solution, however they still don't work, could 2 batteries new in the pack be faulty? When you press the buttons on both fobs neither of them shows the red led light that indicates they are working, I've tried to reprogram them to the car so am now wandering if I just need to replace them to unarm the system, thinking about it, there were no signs of the battety in the key fob running low, one minute it was working fine and the next - nothing, so had to unlock the drivers door manually setting off the alarm, 2 weeks later and I am still driving around with a cereal box covering the internal sensors and only being able to open the drivers door without setting off the alarm, great getting kids in and out - do I just buy another key and swap the inside into my key? Will that work or is the chip programmed to the circuit board in each individual key?
Another interesting bit I've got from your replies - I keep hearing a clicking sound coming from the drivers side panel in the boot, on inspection I couldn't work out what it is, but if the alarm siren is behind the panel could it be that making the clicking noise?