What's new

Alpine EZi-DAB/PURE Highway 300Di fitting

MedicalFlyer

Members
Reaction score
Car
2000 Accord Saloon
So a few weeks ago I won an Alpine Ezi-DAB unit in a give away when buying some bits for the car. It arrived yesterday and my initial thought was to fling it on eBay and stick a few quid in my pocket. However, looking at the unit it does look half decent and would also do what I have the Grom Audio box hooked up for which is provide an aux in.

Having a rummage through the bits and pieces it appears to come with a tele-mute patch lead for an ISO harness. If I'm not mistaken the headunit (a BOSE job in my case) is not a standard ISO fitment. The cabling provided draws power from the stereo harness and feeds the DAB unit which can then be connected in various ways back to the head unit either by an aux connection or piggy backing the FM and overriding the signal.

Here's the wiring diagram from the manual if it's any help. Amazingly I can build/repair a PC or laptop in my sleep and fix most household electricals but car electrics are a bit of a myth to me unless it's a plug this in here and off you go kind of job.

Just wondering if anyone's fitted up one of these of a similar unit such as the PURE Highway 300Di (identical from what I can tell) to one of our cars and how easy/successful it was. If it's possible I may consider doing it and donating my current Grom box to my dad.

If all else fails it'll be eBay as it seems to me it'd only really work if you've a car that uses standard ISO connectors from the factory (few and far between) or an after market head unit and a DAB one of those would cost less than this unit anyway.