What's new

Altenator

ryan14421

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a 2013 2.2 i-Dtec, can anyone tell me what I should expect to pay for a new alternator fitted?

Is this a possible DIY joy?

Thanks

Hi all,

I have a 2013 2.2 i-Dtec, can anyone tell me what I should expect to pay for a new alternator fitted?

Is this a possible DIY joy?

Thanks

Anything can be a diy, what do you want to save when the parts costs are accounted for ?

Do you have all tools at your disposal ?

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Alternator packed in on me Saturday morning. Kwik Fit quoted £505 fitted but not until Monday or Tuesday. Honda dealer quoted me £897 part only then fitting on top, not until end of week. I could only find the part on EBay for myself to fit. In the end I managed to find a small long established garage who refurb their own alternators and had one ready to fit, managed to get in fitted by Saturday afternoon for £250 all in, including new pulley and belt.

£250 all in, including new pulley and belt.

I looked at @ £200 for a new one off ebay and £50 for fitting at a garage so sounds okay, new pulley and belt is a bonus, but I'd go for a new one personally.

If you check the Honda ESM (aka workshop manual) it should give you an idea of the steps involved - theres a link elsewhere in the forum. It looks reasonably accessible from a 30 second look at photos.

Part number for the alternator is 31100-RL0-G01 if that helps your search, original OEM brand is Denso, there's someone on ebay selling reconditioned ones for £125 where your send your old one back to them.

Looks like you're already sorted though from reading