What's new

Alternative to clay bar

Chriseybaby

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.0 i-Vtec Ex
I have a lot of ***** stuck to the side of my car which normal washing won't touch. I know I could use a clay bar, but Im not a particularly patient person and don't have hours to spend waxing and sealing it after.Plus I have a feeling I could do more damage than good with the clay.

What alternatives are there to get this stuff off?

I have a lot of ***** stuck to the side of my car which normal washing won't touch. I know I could use a clay bar, but Im not a particularly patient person and don't have hours to spend waxing and sealing it after.Plus I have a feeling I could do more damage than good with the clay.

Polish?

sandpaper :D

To be honest, I managed to rinse, wash, rinse, dry, clay, quick once over with Menzerna Final finish, carlack and collinite my tourer in less than 3 hours. That also included a quick buzz over of the headlights with a coarser polish to get rid of the majority of stone chips.

I have used meguairs paint restorer and it does remove blemishes and other difficult things like tar spots etc. Takes about the same time as polishing.

Clay would sort it out no problem and it isn't as difficult as you think to use, plus you can do one panel at a time. However ***uming your staying with the no clay option, Michelle (tourer owner) is currently waiting for some Autoglym HD paint cleanser, maybe wait an see what feedback, Michelle gives on it.

I

Depends on what the stuff is, clay will pick up most stuff but it depends on what clay you use. Clays are not all the same and the stuff you find in halfords is very mild and may not pick everything up.

If its just a specific panel like Carl says you could clay it, polish it, I often wipe with ipa and than seal and buid up wax layers. Done in stages it would take up too much time if you work panel at a time. When Im claying ect.. I often do half the car one week and half the next just because my wife thinks Im obsessed.